Ignite TV Amazon Prime Video App - Closed Captioning Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Ignite TV Amazon Prime Video App - Closed Captioning Issues

Rogers just upgraded our system to Ignite TV. In the Prime app the closed captioning keeps turning back on even though we want it stuck on default. I turn it off then the next day it's back on. No one here is turning it on. 

We used to view Prime through our Samsung smart TV hub and never had this issue. Any one else experiencing this?

Thanks, MD

*Edited Labels*

Highlighted

Re: Ignite TV Amazon Prime Video App - Closed Captioning Issues

Hello, @mdmorel.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. It seems the app is not able to save your Closed Captioning preference. Is this happening on more than one Ignite TV box? 

Community - anybody else noticing the same behaviour?

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have also seen this behaviour.I have seen it on more than 1 show,

It seems sometimes even when captions are off, I see German captions in some shows when there is writing.Not sure if that may be intentional or not.

Highlighted

Hello, @yyz64.

Thank you for joining this discussion. It seems this issue is intermittent and happening on other platforms as well. When it's occurring, you can sign out of Amazon Prime and sign in to the app. This action should result in the Language pop-up, please select English. 

If the issue is persistent, you can reach out to Amazon Prime Video support, and you can also drop us a line in PM so we can submit a ticket for you. 

Thank you for understanding!

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So it appears the subtitle issue is resolved for the better. BUT  now I get quite a few occurrences of a show loading and then a black screen with audio.So the video disappears but I have sound.Seems they fixed 1 issue and created another.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

think I spoke too soon regarding the subtitles.Last night  again I got subs when there was writing on the screen.Don't know what language it even was. Then you mess with the subtitles in/off and they won't turn off without going out of the app . Frustrating I've never seen this on a firestick.

Highlighted

Hello, @yyz64.

Issues like black screen or turning on of closed captioning can hinder viewing experience. 

Have you had a chance to report the closed captioning issue to Amazon Prime Video support? As suggested in the previous message, we'd be happy to submit a ticket for you to our Ignite TV backend team. 

Thanks,
RogersMoin

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Sure you can submit a ticket.

The problems

1) can't turn subtitles on/off from the subtitles menu when you pause a show

2) intermittent (yea great I know)  black screen , no video but audio continues  have to exit out of app and reload it

3) I have had and this is even more intermittent had a black screen with no audio and kicked out after about 10 seconds or so to live tv

Highlighted

Hello, @yyz64.

Great! We can surely submit a ticket for you; please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps so we can acquire your account details. Meanwhile, you are encouraged to get in touch with Amazon Prime Video support. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

PM sent

Would be nice to be able to send a pic of the subtitles that come on the screen.Pretty sure today they were German