cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV Amazon Prime Video App - Closed Captioning Issues

mdmorel
I've been around

Rogers just upgraded our system to Ignite TV. In the Prime app the closed captioning keeps turning back on even though we want it stuck on default. I turn it off then the next day it's back on. No one here is turning it on. 

We used to view Prime through our Samsung smart TV hub and never had this issue. Any one else experiencing this?

Thanks, MD

*Edited Labels*

31 REPLIES 31

Re: Ignite TV Amazon Prime Video App - Closed Captioning Issues

Hey @Josh220!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue as well! Have you had a chance to follow the recommendations of @RogersMoin mentioned earlier in the thread here?

Let us know if there's anything further you need.

@RogersAndy

Steflo
I've been here awhile
This worked for me.
Go to the Prime home screen. Go to the settings. Pick the language settings. Pick a language other than English, then reselect English. That’s it.

Tobiquer
I've been around
Doesn't work I to just got to ignite system and get German subtitles when someone speaks a foreign language

Greetings and welcome to our Community, @Tobiquer!

If the subtitle settings that @mdmorel mentioned don't work for you, could you please elaborate on what you're seeing when you try to change them?

Is German the only option available, is it already set to English or did setting it to English have no effect? Or is something else happening entirely?

Please let us know so that we can further assist.

Regards,

RogersCorey

deking
I've been around

Hello - I have closed captioning set on my Ignite TV box but isn't not working when I use the Netflix or Prime Video app.  How do I get close captioning to work on these apps.

Thanks

deking831

Hello @deking,

Thanks for being a part of the community and congrats on your first post here! 🙂

Unfortunately, adding closed captioning to your Ignite TV programming does not transfer over to your third party app settings. You'd have to log in to those apps separately and go into the settings menu to set up your preferences there. 

If anyone else has these particular apps on their smart TV and would like to share the steps, feel free to chime in and lend some help! 

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

kohofag539
I've been around

I am getting the subtitles issue with the prime video app on the Ignite TV. Can should i do?

Good day, @kohofag539!

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and congrats on your first post with us! 🙂

If possible, can you kindly clarify what specific issue is occurring with your subtitles (closed captioning)? Are they not working at the moment? More info would be needed so that the community could assist you further with some suggestions or advice. 

Thanks so much!

RogersLaura

TVNick
I've been here awhile

I'm a recent IGNITE customer (long term Rogers customer before upgrading to IGNITE). Watching Amazon Prime via IGNITE I do not get CC on most programs however even though I say "closed Captioning" command. When streaming the same Prime program 

directly to my Samsun smart TV CC works just fine. What are the steps needed to be taken to get the Prime CC working on IGNTE? Dont have an issues with Netflix or any of the TV networks.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Voice commands do not work in the Prime and netflix apps. So saying "Caption On" only works when in Ignite TV ONLY.

To use the closed captioning you must go into the individual's apps settings and turn it on/off.

When in Prime and have started to watch a show, pause the go up to the gossip bubble, select subtitles and select your subtitles to turn on/off.

marccram4444
I've been here awhile
Biollw Thanks this is finally the correct method. Great.
Topic Stats