Ignite TV - 4K Channels errors, macroblocking

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Ignite TV - 4K Channels errors, macroblocking

Thanks for the summary polygon09. That exactly describes my status as well.

I Plan to Stick Around

A positive development?  515/991 TSN5K has been broadcasting the CFL game without issue, no frozen picture, no XRE error!

All other existing issues remain.  e.g. 507/997 SN4K is showing the SNO (HD-only) feed right now of the Jays home game, and it's broadcasting it at a noticeably slower frame rate than the other SN channels.

But anyway, baby steps...

I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah, I was able to watch TSN5K last night without any issues.  No 4K for the Jays game though.

I Plan to Stick Around

The march towards meeting baseline expectations continues 🙂

I can confirm that 984 FST4K is now broadcasting without issue.  The source volume is a bit low compared to other channels, but otherwise the previous issues on this channel have not been observed.

Now all that needs to be resolved is the "SNO-HD feed on SN4K" issue, here's hoping the man-behind-the-curtain can pull one more rabbit out of the hat!

I Plan to Stick Around

With the shifting of programming around today with Rogers Cup, the Jays game was moved to SN1, which meant that for the first time in some time, the home Jays broadcast was available on 509/996 SN14K.  As you can see, this is broadcasting the correct 4K feed:

20190811_151858.jpg

So the 4K is definitely capable on the SN feeds in Ottawa, it's just a matter of getting the right 4K feed for 507/997 SN4K.