Ignite TV - 4K Channels errors, macroblocking

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Ignite TV - 4K Channels errors, macroblocking

Unfortunately it’s not fixed at all. If anything it’s worse. None of the 4K channels appear to work properly for many subscribers in the Ottawa area. The rest of the channels and the on-demand stuff all work fine. The internet works great, and Netflix and Amazon Prime both stream 4K content flawlessly, so it doesn’t seem to be an issue with the connection.

Hello, @ritzcracka.

Thank you for your continued patience. I appreciate clarifying the Internet, other channels and On Demand are working fine. We can run a few tests to collect the required data and submit a ticket on your behalf. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm in the Ottawa area and always get error XRE-03090 on SN4K (Sportsnet 4K). My cases have been getting closed as tech support has "investigated" and not found any issues. They are escalating again.

I Plan to Stick Around

Was hoping to watch TSN4K tonight, but back to the same error:

"Sorry, we're having some trouble. Please try playing this program again. Still having trouble? You may need to choose another program. XRE-03090"

I have had two tickets related to this issue, and each time I get an automated message the next day saying the issue has been resolved.  How do you know it's been resolved?  Nobody calls to ask me.

There certainly seems to be an issue with 4K in the Ottawa area.  This has been going on for some time, would be nice if the issue was actually addressed.

Hey @jjjjy7!

That's terrible news Smiley Sad! Have you had another ticket escalated yet to investigate? It's definitely concerning that this is such an ongoing repeat issue.

@RogersAndy

I Plan to Stick Around

Count me as another unlucky Ottawa customer when it comes to 4K content (Ignite was installed about a week ago):

- Playback of one of the TSN4K channels works for about 5-10 seconds on first tune, before it freezes, and finally the channel changes back to the previous channel with the error dialog:

20190727_215344.jpg

If I tune away to a different channel, then come back to TSN 4K, the behavior repeats.

- Re: the Stingray 4K channels, no problems at all with CH983 (NOW4K).  But with CH984 (FST4K), upon tuning to the channel I get 5 working seconds before the image freezes/pixelates, while audio continues:

20190727_215429.jpg

- Also, while I don't have the playback issues with SN4K, the Blue Jays home broadcasts on that channel don't appear to be 4K; it shows the 'SNO' digital graphic, instead of the expected 'SN4K' (unless there has been some issue with Jays 4K broadcasts in general that I'm not aware of).

Support did the usual remote reboot of modem to no success, so issue has been escalated to eng support, we'll see what happens.

I Plan to Stick Around

Why bother opening another ticket... so I can get a automated call 24hours later telling me the issue has been resolved.   

I Plan to Stick Around

I confirm I am seeing the exact same behaviour on FST4K.

I Plan to Stick Around

Another data point: I did a cloud recording of a program on FST4K, and that played back perfectly (without freezing/pixelation).  So with these issues, there appears to be some correlation between live programming and these 4K channels in the Ottawa region.

Edit: I take that back, lol; I made multiple recordings off FST4K, and a different recorded program showed the issue

I Plan to Stick Around

About my observations with SN4K, I see the following on CH507, it looks like the wrong feed is being associated with that supposed 4K channel, where I should be seeing the SN4K logo at the top-right corner:

20190728_132057.jpg

For example, I was expecting something like the following, see the same top-right corner (not my picture):

(I understand this thread was opened originally about TSN4K, but seeing how it has evolved to a "general 4K in Ottawa" discussion, thought I would keep the good vibes going Smiley Happy)