Ignite TV - 4K Channels errors, macroblocking

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Ignite TV - 4K Channels errors, macroblocking

I have been unable to watch TSN4K.  When I tune to the channel, it plays fine for about 10 seconds.  Then the picture freezes, but audio continues to play for another 10-15 seconds, then audio stops and screen goes black for another 5-10 seconds.  Then I get the following message:

"Sorry, we're having some trouble.  Please try playing this program again. Still having trouble? You may need to choose another program. XRE-03090"

Sportsnet 4K works great, just not TSN.  I have reached out to tech support but so far they have been unable to find the solution.

*Added Labels*

I've Been Around

Re: Ignite TV - 4K Channels errors, macroblocking

I'm getting the same error message but I was watching TLC... seems to keep freezing up/crashing and I'm assuming it's a system issue since our other Ignite TV is doing the same thing. I keep trying to turn it off and back on to see if anything gets better but it might show a few seconds and then freeze or go black again.

Hey @jjjjy7 & @christyH,

The error code, "XRE-03090" does indicate a source problem. It's the result of a channel playback failure. Alternatively, the error could result if that particular channel isn't a part of your package.

To troubleshoot this, we would refresh your entitlements and reboot the system. If the issue persists, then we would need to escalate a ticket to our engineers to track down the fault at the source. Do you know if that was done for you, @jjjjy7?

If you haven't already reached out to our Technical Support team, @christyH. I would recommend you do so!

You can also send us a Private Message to @CommunityHelps and we can address it.

If you're not familiar with our PM process, please click here to find out more.

RogersTim

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes. It was escalated.

Thanks, @jjjjy7

It may take 24 to 48 hours for our support teams to get back to you with the resolution or next steps.

Please keep us updated,

RogersTim

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm also having this having with TSN 5 4k, and frequently Sportsnet 4K as well. I also know another person who just recently got Ignite TV who is having the same problems in a completely different part of the city.

Rogers is sending a tech out to look into it, but my guess is that it's an infrastructure issue on Rogers end.

I Plan to Stick Around

I received a call yesterday indicating the issue had been resolved and my ticket was closed.  Unfortunately it was not resolved, and now in addition to TSN 4K not working, Sportsnet 4K is giving me the same error.  I had a tech at my house and he changed the box, but beyond that said there was nothing he could do.  They have opened another ticket. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Yep I'm having the exact same issues with Sportsnet 4K now as well.

I Plan to Stick Around

Received a call from Rogers that the issue was resolved and second support ticket closed.  Not sure what they did differently, but no issues with Sportsnet 4K so far.  Will have to wait to test TSN4K as they are currently not broadcasting. 

@jjjjy7 - Thank you for updating the Community; I'm glad the Sportsnet 4K issue was resolved. Keep us posted with TSN 4K feed. 

@ritzcracka - I'm optimistic the Sportsnet 4K channel is not yielding that XRE error for you as well. If it's otherwise, please let us know. 

Thanks,

RogersMoin