Ignite TV - 3rd party Router - Netflix not working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Ignite TV - 3rd party Router - Netflix not working

Hi, I just had my Rogers ignite installed and have my XB in bridge mode with my ASUS AC68U router handing out ipv4’s. Everything working but no Netflix, what am I missing here?

*Added Labels*

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite TV - 3rd party Router - Netflix not working

@SHaDoW6 what are you using for DNS addresses for the 68U?

@Biollw are you using the default Rogers DNS in your Netgear router, or have you changed it to something else?  

Just thinking that DNS issues could cause Netflix to fail for @SHaDoW6.  IE, if you don't use the XB6 DSN addresses, then over the top services such as Netflix could fail.  

The XB6 modem is paired to the Xi6 to provide tv services, and its either a case of the modem providing the necessary addresses, thru internal addresses, or, Rogers is running another set of DNS addresses specifically for the XB6.

@SHaDoW6 have you checked with tech support to determine if the XB6 modem has the most recent firmware version?

I'm a Senior Contributor

"@Biollw are you using the default Rogers DNS in your Netgear router, or have you changed it to something else?  "

Yes I have not touched the DNS in my router.

It is set to 64.71.255.204 & 64.71.255.198, ISP default.

I should test your idea and see if netflix still works.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the quick reply, No I’m not using the Rogers dns, I’m using the default ASUS dns 192.168.x.x
Maybe that’s the issue for Netflix, not sure why they would do that when everything else works other then Netflix on there platform, every other Netflix app I have works fine. Didn’t want to have to change my configuration that I have been using for years. Not sure how it would affect my security cameras and smart home hubs and such, but willing to give it a try if it helps.
Called tech, they won’t help me because I’ve got my own router in the mix.

I'm a Senior Contributor

@SHaDoW6 wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply, No I’m not using the Rogers dns, I’m using the default ASUS dns 192.168.x.x
Maybe that’s the issue for Netflix, not sure why they would do that when everything else works other then Netflix on there platform, every other Netflix app I have works fine. Didn’t want to have to change my configuration that I have been using for years. Not sure how it would affect my security cameras and smart home hubs and such, but willing to give it a try if it helps.

On your computer the DNS will be set to your router, 192.168.1.1 but your router holds the DNS entries.

The V6i boxes will use the DNS entries in the router, and normally as default, the router will get ISP's suggested DNS IPs unless you change your router's DNS entries.

I'm a Senior Contributor

@Biollw wrote:

@SHaDoW6 wrote:

On your computer the DNS will be set to your router, 192.168.1.1 but your router holds the DNS entries.

The V6i boxes will use the DNS entries in the router, and normally as default, the router will get ISP's suggested DNS IPs unless you change your router's DNS entries.

Changed my DNS in my router to 8.8.8.8, 8.8.8.4 and netflix works fine.

I Plan to Stick Around

@SHaDoW6 wrote:

I am also using an an ASUS AC68U router in combination with the Arris XB6 modem/router; In fact I am using two AC68U's in AiMesh mode. However, I am not in bridge mode. I have the XB6 in router mode with WiFi disabled and am using the ASUS routers to distribute the WiFi signal. I am getting Netflix and all the other apps available  though IgniteTV.  I am also using NEST cameras and thermostats as well as Google Home Mini and other smart home apps and they all work perfectly well. Try disabling WiFi Bridge mode on the XB6 and instead disable WiFi. I think you will find that it works well with your set up and you will be able to retain all the features of the ASUS router that you are used to.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for your response, I too am using the exact same setup, have two ASUS RT AC6U routers in aimesh, one as router the other as node, both hard wired to ethernet. I did at first have it the way the tech left it, gateway mode running to my router in router mode, everything worked as it is now, no Netflix.
The only way I was able to get it all working is to have the XB6 in gateway mode with its WiFi on and my ASUS in Router with its WiFi on for my stuff. Don’t want two WiFi signals in the house and would rather have everything hard wired.

I Plan to Stick Around

I tried to switch mine to the same...
DNS1 - 8.8.8.8
DNS 2 - 8.8.8.4
Netflix still not working

I Plan to Stick Around

@RHstats What are your settings, I tried again and can’t get it to work on my system?
Are you running your Xi6 on WiFi or ethernet?