cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite STB loses connection over HDMI extender

3rdparty
I plan to stick around

Setting up my Ignite service.  Ignite STB (Xi6-T) connected to TV via HDMI Ethernet extender (similar to https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=8009) shows “welcome” message from STB and then loses signal.  I’ve read a bit that it may be HDMI “handshake” issues.

Before I invest in a newer HDMI over Ethernet extender curious if anyone has any experience or ideas?  Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Ignite STB loses connection over HDMI extender

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@3rdparty wrote:

Setting up my Ignite service.  Ignite STB (Xi6-T) connected to TV via HDMI Ethernet extender (similar to https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=8009) shows “welcome” message from STB and then loses signal.  I’ve read a bit that it may be HDMI “handshake” issues.

Before I invest in a newer HDMI over Ethernet extender curious if anyone has any experience or ideas?  Thanks

I don't have any experience with these.  @57  might.

However, I think that folks who need a long HDMI cable have had good results with RedMere HDMI cables.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@3rdparty  One thing that I should have asked was how long of a run are you trying to achieve?  Depending on the length, you may also be able to get away with an appropriately-rated 22AWG HDMI cable.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
a suggestion of mine is to connect the ignite Set Top Box directly to your TV set and bypass the HDMI extender completely. Try it out for a few mins and see if it works, if so, then the HDMI extender might be causing the loss of connection. you can check the specs of the HDMI extender, to see what spec of cables it needs, if your using cat5e maybe it needs cat6 for 4k? who knows, no one will know unless you read the specs. also did u terminate the rj45 cables your self and did u test them for certification with a ethernet tester?

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
oh well I just checked, it does not support 4k (2160) it only goes as high as 1080p and it requires 24 gauge HDMI cable at a minimum double check these and report back to us
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation