Ignite Remote Problems

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jolijnyk
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Ignite Remote Problems

We're stuck because nothing happens on the TV.

"

• Press and hold the Rogers and Info (i) buttons at the same time for 5 seconds. Wait for the remote light to change from red to green.
  • Follow the instructions by entering the 3-digit, on-screen pairing code. This may take a few moments to display on your TV.
  • You will now see the message: “Would you like to control your TV using your remote?” Click “Not now”.
  • You have now paired your XR15 remote to the Ignite TV set top box."

I tried step 1 here, and I get the green light but nothing happens with the TV. I still see "Remote not working?"

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jolijnyk wrote:

We're stuck because nothing happens on the TV.

"

• Press and hold the Rogers and Info (i) buttons at the same time for 5 seconds. Wait for the remote light to change from red to green.
  • Follow the instructions by entering the 3-digit, on-screen pairing code. This may take a few moments to display on your TV.
  • You will now see the message: “Would you like to control your TV using your remote?” Click “Not now”.
  • You have now paired your XR15 remote to the Ignite TV set top box."

I tried step 1 here, and I get the green light but nothing happens with the TV. I still see "Remote not working?"

A number of people have had problems getting their high-end Samsung TVs set up with Ignite and I'm not sure why.  Normally, with most TVs, the process is simple:

1. Plug the Ignite TV set-top box into the "HDMI 1" input on the TV
  2. Turn the TV on using the TV's remote control and set the input to "HDMI 1"
  3. Power up the Ignite TV set-top box and set up the Ignite TV remote.

If you can switch to the desired input on the TV and can see the Ignite set-top box, you can reset the Rogers XR15 remote and re-pair it as follows:

• Press the A and D buttons until the status light turns green, then enter code "9 8 1".  This will reset the remote back to defaults and you should be able to control the Ignite set-top box with IR codes, without pairing it.  You won't be able to control your TV with the Rogers remote yet.
  • Press the Microphone button on your remote.  The set-top box will see that button press but, since it is not paired with the remote, you should see a prompt, "Start using voice commands -- Yes / Not Now".  Select "Yes" and click the OK/Select button on your Rogers remote.  Continue to follow the prompts on the screen.
  • Your set-top box should display a help screen identifying your Rogers remote model and should then prompt you to Press and hold the Rogers (Menu) and Info buttons for 5 seconds.  The next screen should prompt you to enter s 3-digit code.  Enter that code, and your Rogers remote should now be paired with your Ignite set-top box.
  • Keep following the prompts that ask, "Do you want to use your remote to control your TV power and volume?"  Try selecting "Yes", at which point, the set-top box should automatically identify the make of your TV and complete the configuration automatically.  If it cannot, the on-screen prompts will provide you with additional guidance.

For more information on setting up and using the Rogers Ignite TV remotes, go to: https://www.rogers.com/support/iptv/remote

Getting the Samsung's "One Smart Remote" working is more troublesome but the trick (apparently) is to configure the TV to control a "Comcast" set-top box.  I don't know if you have the same remote but you may find the following thread helpful: https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Samsung-one-remote-and-Arris-xi6-T/td-p/451244

jolijnyk
I'm Here A Lot

Thank you.

The problem all along was the position of the cable box. 

Thanks again.

Linuxguru
I Plan to Stick Around

My ignite remote is suddenly performing all functions including voice response with the exception of the channel up down function. I changed batteries but still not changing channels. I can change channels in the guide.

Linuxguru
I Plan to Stick Around

Now ny number pad is not working
Linuxguru
I Plan to Stick Around

After playing with batteries I decided to reboot the tuner [pulled power cord out] and remote is now working. Seems it was an issue with the tuner.