cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite Remote Control - "Page Up" key changes to "Fast Forward 5 Mins"

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Daily my page up key changes itself to 5 mins ff. I have to change it by exit exit exit 0030 then restart the box.

Why does it change it self overnight to 5 minutes?
PITA
Bill

***Added Labels***

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Ignite Remote Control - "Page Up" key changes to "Fast Forward 5 Mins"

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Biollw  I have seen this happen once before but the problem cleared (for me) when I power-cycled the set-top box.

If the Ignite STB is still being troublesome, try setting Skip Forward/Back to the defaults with: Exit Exit Exit 0 5 0 0

Confirm that this is working, power-cycle the set-top box, then configure it again for the 30 second skip.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Thnx....we will see

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

BTW all my tv boxes suddenly dud the same thing,  not just the one.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor
And the problem persists, all boxes have reverted to 5 mins again, this morning they were fine at 30 seconds. Sit down this afternoon and now they have reverted to 5 mins again.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Biollw wrote:
And the problem persists, all boxes have reverted to 5 mins again, this morning they were fine at 30 seconds. Sit down this afternoon and now they have reverted to 5 mins again.

I honestly don't know what could be happening.  I'm not seeing this problem on any of my set-top boxes.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

So here's the scenario: if I watch a previously recorded show or pause a live show then use the page up is OK at 30 Seconds.

If I start to watch a show that is currently recording,  the page up key reverts to 5  minutes and I have to reset and reboot it to 5 minutes then after reboot set it to 30 seconds.

So for some reason when watching a show that us being recorded it resets to 5 minutes.

Cervelott
I've been around

Exit, Exit, Exit, 0030.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Old old thread.

But just doing that does not change it. Device must be restarted first. Then the key sequence works at 30 seconds for a while. We then start the whole process all again.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have programmed in the 30 second skip to both of my boxes.  On one of the boxes (the one I use more) it reverts to 5 minutes about once a week.  I reboot the box and it's back to 30 seconds without having to reprogramme the function.  A bit of a pain and weird.  In future I'll see if I can pick up a pattern or see if it matters if I switch it back to 5 minutes and then reprogramme 30 seconds.  At this point I'll just keep rebooting if it's only once a week.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Old thread.

My boxes have remained at 30 seconds for a long time. They don't seem to be reverting to 5 minutes any more.

Just FYI

Bill

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57 Is that one set-top box a different model number than the others?  (Xi6-A vs Xi6-T)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Both boxes are "A".  Both appeared to be brand new in a box.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Mine are Xi6-A even when they replaced them they were stull As.

Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 in conversation