cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite Remote Control Battery

gadair
I've been here awhile

I've had ignite for a month now and just had to replace the batteries in the TV remote. Is this standard or could I have a defective remote?

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite Remote Control Battery

Webster01
I plan to stick around

Our experience seems to indicate that the Ignite remote does better on alkaline type batteries rather than $ store type batteries.  We find this to be so even though the remote seems to indicate lots of battery life left.  Someone mentioned this in a post I made earlier concerning the remote giving us trouble.  Your mileage may vary we do use the voice feature quite a bit.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@gadair  I have multiple set-top boxes and you can certainly tell which ones get used the most based on how much battery life is left.  I got at least several months out of my original batteries and then switched to rechargeables.  If you use voice commands extensively, that also drains the batteries faster.

Webster01
I plan to stick around

Our experience seems to indicate that the Ignite remote does better on alkaline type batteries rather than $ store type batteries.  We find this to be so even though the remote seems to indicate lots of battery life left.  Someone mentioned this in a post I made earlier concerning the remote giving us trouble.  Your mileage may vary we do use the voice feature quite a bit.

BGL1
I've been here awhile
I used to get about a month. Since January it’s been 5 to 10 days. Anyone else notice this?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There is either a problem with your batteries, or with the remote itself, which is possible. Make sure you use new alkaline batteries.  If you're using rechargeable batteries, perhaps they are at the end of life after being recharged many times. Also, these have a lower voltage and don't last as long as alkaline batteries

G2UNIT
I've been here awhile
I'm going through batteries like crazy on 3 Rogers ignite TV remotes. I'd say every 7 to 10 days i have to replace the batteries in the remotes. I get maybe 3 weeks of battery use in my bedroom with that remote because its not used as frequent as the living room and my kids room

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@G2UNIT : What is the brand (Energizer, Duracell, Panasonic, other)?  What is the type of battery (Heavy Duty, Alkaline, rechargeable)?  What is the age of the batteries - usually there is a date listed on the battery - either manufacturing date or expiry date? 

BGL1
I've been here awhile
New batteries. Always Duracell or energizer.

G2UNIT
I've been here awhile

Yeah I always use Duracell.

seadooxp30
I'm a reliable contributor

Its the voice command that uses lots of battery.

As a test don't use it for few weeks and you'll see the difference.

While we do use the voice a little.. maybe only 1-2 a day tops, our batteries usually last a good 3 months or longer.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Gdkitty wrote:

While we do use the voice a little.. maybe only 1-2 a day tops, our batteries usually last a good 3 months or longer.

I am also seeing similar results with similar use (typically 5 - 10 voice commands per day) and get at least 4 weeks of run time (on my most-watched TVs) with 1500 mAh NiMH rechargeable batteries that have seen several years of use.

BGL1
I've been here awhile
It’s been so long since I posted in this one I actually forgot about it but here is the update I got from Rogers.

My remote was going through batteries in about a week. It was a remote defect. If your battery are failing this quickly, and you are using alkaline batteries (eg Duracell energizer etc) there is almost certainly a problem with your remote.

I had mine replaced in March of 2020 and it’s now March 2023. I’m on the same set of Duracell’s that came with it 3 years ago.

Call Rogers. Ask for a new remote
Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 in conversation