Ignite Remote Control Battery

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Ignite Remote Control Battery

I've had ignite for a month now and just had to replace the batteries in the TV remote. Is this standard or could I have a defective remote?

***Added Labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite Remote Control Battery

@gadair  I have multiple set-top boxes and you can certainly tell which ones get used the most based on how much battery life is left.  I got at least several months out of my original batteries and then switched to rechargeables.  If you use voice commands extensively, that also drains the batteries faster.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Our experience seems to indicate that the Ignite remote does better on alkaline type batteries rather than $ store type batteries.  We find this to be so even though the remote seems to indicate lots of battery life left.  Someone mentioned this in a post I made earlier concerning the remote giving us trouble.  Your mileage may vary we do use the voice feature quite a bit.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I used to get about a month. Since January it’s been 5 to 10 days. Anyone else notice this?
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There is either a problem with your batteries, or with the remote itself, which is possible. Make sure you use new alkaline batteries.  If you're using rechargeable batteries, perhaps they are at the end of life after being recharged many times. Also, these have a lower voltage and don't last as long as alkaline batteries

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm going through batteries like crazy on 3 Rogers ignite TV remotes. I'd say every 7 to 10 days i have to replace the batteries in the remotes. I get maybe 3 weeks of battery use in my bedroom with that remote because its not used as frequent as the living room and my kids room
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@G2UNIT : What is the brand (Energizer, Duracell, Panasonic, other)?  What is the type of battery (Heavy Duty, Alkaline, rechargeable)?  What is the age of the batteries - usually there is a date listed on the battery - either manufacturing date or expiry date? 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

New batteries. Always Duracell or energizer.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Yeah I always use Duracell.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Its the voice command that uses lots of battery.

As a test don't use it for few weeks and you'll see the difference.