cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite Recording Problem - Need to Set Up Recording Multiple Times

ac_toronto
I've been here awhile

When trying to set a recording, it doesn't "take" the first time.  I have to try 2 or more times for the recording to be scheduled.  Example:  When I'm watching a channel, and press the record button, the "record option" window is displayed.  When I select "just this episode", and press enter, nothing happens.  When I repeat the exact same steps a second time, and press enter, the "your recording is set" window appears and it starts recording.  Sometimes I have to repeat the same steps 3 or more times before it actually starts recording.

I've tried restarting the pods, but the issue persists.

Has anyone else experienced this?  If yes, have you found a solution?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Ignite Recording Problem - Need to Set Up Recording Multiple Times

pp171
I plan to stick around

I am experiencing the same thing. Looks like it started after the outage, when my TV service was fully restored. I can't be absolutely sure about that, because I only had Ignite TV for 2 days, before the blackout. However, in those 2 days, I have never seen it, and now it's a regular thing. Sometimes it accepts scheduling right away, but very often I have to do it 2 or 3 times, or even more.

Re: Ignite Recording Problem - Need to Set Up Recording Multiple Times

ac_toronto
I've been here awhile

Interesting, thanks for the quick reply!  This was happening to me before the outage.  There are a few other bugs too.  For example, it forgets my "guide" setting (I have it set as "free to me" but it randomly reverts to another setting).  And the "page up/down" function to fast forward/reverse sometimes jumps by 5 minutes, and sometimes by 10 minutes.  At first I thought it was determined by the length of the recording (ie - forward by 10 minutes for longer recordings), but this does not seem to be the case.  Hopefully these are bugs that will be ironed out over time.  Overall I'm fairly happy with the service.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation