cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite Premier package dropping from 86 to 63 total flex channels?

james039
I plan to stick around

I've been on the phone for hours without an acceptable response. Yesterday, before I made the mistake of trying to upgrading from gigabit to a new 1.5G plan, I had the ability to select 86 flex channels on the premier package. After they changed everything over, (which didn't even work so they had to put it back on 1gig), I now only have 63 flex channels I can select in My Rogers, but when I go to the bundles page at https://www.rogers.com/internet/ignite-bundle-packages I still see the Premier package SHOULD be giving me 86 flex channels. Is this a glitch, or are they really downgrading the premier package by 23 channels for all new subs? Anyone else here have experience with this? I will cancel the package for sure if this is permanent, since over $200/mo for a 98 total channel package is horrible value for money.

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite Premier package dropping from 86 to 63 total flex channels?

now-what
I've been here awhile

Tonight I was told that if I make any change to my current Ignite with Premier TV, which is supposed to have 84 flex channels, the new Premier TV will only have 65 Flex channels and there will be less channels in total. I'm not sure what we will do, because Rogers wants us to pay more for less!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

ReneHache
I plan to stick around

I was wondering if 86 flex was the actual number I should have also, when BET got removed my flex count when down to 85 and never got a replacement for the removal of BET.

james039
I plan to stick around

I’ve heard that happening before with others that had a flex channel when it was removed they didn’t get the slot back.

ReneHache
I plan to stick around

yes, that's an ongoing issue, it's been happening for a long time.

Has a warning A.Side is shutting down in January 15th (https://tv.ontheaside.com/), so I'll have to flex it out soon before I loose an other slot, I flex my channels the 4th of the month, since it's match my billing cycle, I know it's not required, but I like it that way, it's easier to remember, and I also have a spreadsheet to keep track.

now-what
I've been here awhile

Tonight I was told that if I make any change to my current Ignite with Premier TV, which is supposed to have 84 flex channels, the new Premier TV will only have 65 Flex channels and there will be less channels in total. I'm not sure what we will do, because Rogers wants us to pay more for less!

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, I pointed this change out a while ago here: https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Changes-to-Ignite-TV-Channels-in-Packages-and-Theme-...

and the problem is that Ignite TV and Ignite Internet are sold together as a package, and if you ever need to make any changes to either, you need to switch to a new in-market bundle.

If you subscribe to an Ignite TV package that is now no longer available, like Popular or Flex 20 + Sports, that you are totally happy with but just need to upgrade your Internet speed, you can't pay an extra $10/month to bump your Internet speed; you need to switch to a new bundle.  When you change TV bundles, if your old bundle included the American network channels (like ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, PBS, etc.), you will now need to pay an extra $3/month if you want to keep them.  You may also find that you need to pay extra to keep your Stingray Music channels.

The other thing that you need to watch out for is when your promotional discounts are about to expire and Rogers offers you a new deal with additional promotional offers.  Very often, that also triggers a bundle change.

Bundle changes also affect Home Phone.  Early Ignite TV customers, with grandfathered packages, got Home Phone with unlimited Canada-wide calling for free.  Now you need to pay an extra $10/month for Home Phone and you only get local calling.

All of the above only affects you if you make a bundle change.  You can still make changes to your Flex Channels and you can still add or remove Theme Packs.  However, if you make any changes your TV or Internet package or accept any offers that require switching to a new in-market bundle, read the fine print and double-check what channels are included in your package on the day that you make the change.  You may find that a lot can change in 24 hours.

james039
I plan to stick around

Thanks for confirming! It seems that all new Ignite Premier activations will only get 63 flex instead of 86. I consider it deplorable business practice to drop the total number of available channels (at any given time) by 23 while charging exact same rate, worse is that the phone rep lied to me and said it should give me same number as before and that only "duplicates" were removed from the list.

Fortunately, it seems I can do all the flex changes I want within the first month of service, so I can access the content I want for now, but at the end of the month I will probably switch to something else depending on what's available then.

falccros
I've been here awhile

Yes and you lose your Canada wide calling that was previously included.

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 in conversation