cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite Premier Package - Missing channels

briansheen
I plan to stick around

I just received a comparison document showing the Ignite Premier package against my current service.  I must be missing something because the American networks are missing in the Ignite package.  It seems that there are several others but because the layout is not a direct correlation it is hard to determine what is missing and what is added.  Any help would be appreciated. 

**Labels Added**

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Ignite Premier Package - Missing channels

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@briansheen wrote:

I... the American networks are missing in the Ignite package.  

These channels are $3/mo with IgniteTV as the "Prime Time Pack".  This has been the case for over a year - see link below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Changes-to-Ignite-TV-Channels-in-Packages-and-Theme-...

If you login to the various channel options or theme packs on the Rogers website you'll see all the channels in the various packages as well as various theme pack costs.  For example:

https://www.rogers.com/bundles/themepacks

briansheen
I plan to stick around

Unbelievable.  Is there no end to their attempt to nickel and dime us to death.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I agree that it may seem this way, however, depending on the package you choose, you get access to various Flex Channels that may make up for this depending on your channel desires and package chosen.

I now have access to quite a few channels using Flex that I had to pay extra for before.  You have to look at the overall package and your choices.

Greendesk
I've been around

On the whole I'm seeing my Premier TV package go from 233 Total channels with 2 Add ons  move to 98 Total channels.  Can someone explain why?  I've been on hold for 2:30mins to speak with someone live to explain

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Greendesk wrote:

On the whole I'm seeing my Premier TV package go from 233 Total channels with 2 Add ons  move to 98 Total channels.  Can someone explain why?  I've been on hold for 2:30mins to speak with someone live to explain

It's crazy but MyRogers can be a discombobulated mess at times.  (You would be shaking your head if you saw what my account looks like now.). Part of the reason is that it has to consolidate data pulled from so many internal data sources, and it tends to do a poor job reconciling things when unexpected issues occur.  I also suspect that Its development was probably outsourced to multiple parties over time and/or coded by the lowest bidder(s).

MyRogers has always been a bit weird when they list the total number of Ignite TV channels that you subscribe to.  Many channels are double-counted; e.g. CTV Toronto shows up in "subscribed" as channel 8 and channel 138.  Sometimes, a web site glitch lists only the channels that are included in Premier, not the ones that you subscribe to through Theme Packs.  When a channel is about to get removed from the lineup, it may also no longer get listed in the channel count even through you are subscribed to it.  The Rogers product teams have also changed the structure of the Premier bundle over time and MyRogers does not always deal with this correctly.

The main thing that you need to concern yourself with is that you continue to see all of the Flex Channels that you are entitled to.  If this is correct then you should be getting all of the channels that you are entitled to with Premier, despite what is or is not listed on MyRogers.

james039
I plan to stick around

If you've changed packages recently, they have modified "Premier" so that instead of letting you choose 86 flex channels, you can now only pick 63. Meanwhile, it costs the exact same price. They also made the US networks a $3 add-on when it used to be free. This in addition to the fact that over the past few years, Peachtree TV, Paramount Network, and BET, have been removed from the lineup. A-side is coming down in a few weeks too, but this one isn't rogers' fault, the channel is shutting down.

User_1846120
I've been here awhile
I accepted an offer to upgrade my internet as a result I have 0 flex channels. A technology companie should know what they are doing but in Rogers case they have no clue what they are doing. I can't wait for fiber from Bell to my neighborhood.

@User_1846120 wrote:
I accepted an offer to upgrade my internet as a result I have 0 flex channels. A technology companie should know what they are doing but in Rogers case they have no clue what they are doing. I can't wait for fiber from Bell to my neighborhood.

If you see "0 Flex Channels" on the MyRogers Ignite TV page, just wait 10-15 seconds.  It should update and show the correct number of Channels and Flex Channels.

Toolman127
I'm here a lot

Hello

When I started with Rogers Ignite I chose Premier package and had 122 channels with 87 Flex, then it decreased to 121 and 86 Flex which is current premier package, today I received offer from Rogers and for Premier its 99 Channels and 64 Flex at the same price I am paying for 121 and 86 Flex. How do they get away with this. Keep getting increases without notice latest was $6.00 month. This is crazy. Rogers has been here twice saying they can give me cheaper than currently paying and then walk away saying same as I am paying. I am the only house on my street with Rogers after outage, everyone else left for Bell. Bell is here twice a month offering me alot to leave Rogers and its getting tempting. I just want explanation as to why Premier went from 121 channels to 99 channels and Flex was 86 and is now 64 channels with price the same. Now I see Rogers has 2 year term with locked in "Price", if its like Bell you will get increases for no reason and an answer if you ask. Keep loyal customers HAPPY or you will have NO customers. Thank You

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Toolman127  Those changes to Premier happened last fall.  They also changed Flex 20 + Sports, dropping 8 Flex Channels, but at least they changed the name to Flex 20 Including Sports.

When Ignite TV first launched, you also got Home Phone for free, and it included Canada Wide Calling.  They then made Canada-wide long distance an extra charge, and then Home Phone became a chargeable option.

Over the years, we also lost a number of channels from the line-up, either due to contractual disputes with the channel providers or because the channels ceased broadcasting.

People can still keep their grandfathered original Premier bundle.  The problem is that if you should ever need to upgrade your Internet speed, or if you should accept a new promotional deal, these both require that you switch to a current in-market bundle... and you then need to take a really close look to see what you will be getting for the price that you pay.

With the Shaw merger now complete, Rogers has the opportunity to restructure their Internet and TV bundles along with all aspects of their pricing, and create consistent offerings across all their markets.  Will be interesting to see what they come up with, and whether those new offerings will be compelling and competitive.

It would have been nice of Rogers to post something. I log in monthly for my bill and always check to see if anything posted about increases or changes coming, and there is nothing ever posted.

Thank You

Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 in conversation