Ignite Parental Controls

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarceloLeandro
I've Been Around

Re: Ignite Parental Controls

The idea is good, however, in my home does not work as it should be, when I add a device to a custom profile in the people tab, this device lost connection, even if it appears unpaused and online, the only way to restore the connections is unassign it to the profile, and to lose all the control as the downtime control overnight.

In other words, the people with assigned devices do not work for my system here.

RogersLaura

Hello @MarceloLeandro!

Thank you for joining us in the community forums and congrats on this being your first post here! Hopefully, we can help get to the bottom of this so you can start using the Ignite WiFi Hub app as intended! 🙂

It is odd that there would be restrictions on your devices which are not currently paused. For these affected devices, when added to a profile where WiFi access is enabled, is the access to all apps and websites blocked? Or can they still connect with certain apps or websites? Do you have the Parental Browsing option enabled?

We look forward to your response! 

RogersLaura

Clegger1
I've Been Around

i have assigned all devices to all family members and created down tines for all three teenagers 

the 15 year olds dwevises all devices chromebook tv tablet phone  keeps unpausing every time i pause

she insists its not her i made her get rid of vpn and made her phone settings ask to buy the app on her phone

is there a way to stop vpn from the modem i read to go on security tab in the modem settings but i cannot find that in my rogers only reset password thats it please help

chaw
I've Been Around

I can't add / remove sites in parental control, when I login to router login 10.0.0.1 , this was possible a month ago

ColdGranite
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@chaw wrote:

I can't add / remove sites in parental control, when I login to router login 10.0.0.1 , this was possible a month ago

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Not sure what would be going on.

I have no trouble adding and removing sites.  But whatever I set does not seem to be actually preventing access.  

I expect that I would need to reboot the gateway, but every time I think of doing the test, somebody else is on the  internet or watching TV, and I kind of like to keep the peace.

ApplMathTrnto
I've Been Around

I created the following (screenshot) parental controls on the ignite router. I connected to https: // 10.0.0.1 and logged in using the admin account. Under Parental Controls > Managed Sites > Blocked Sites, I created a rule to block Youtube from 6am to 9pm all days of the week. But its not working. (I mean youtube is still accessible) What am I missing here?

Parental Control on Ignite Router.png

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You have checked at those times on your own devices to see whats happening?

IE: I wonder if say its only blocking youtube being accessed via the browser?
VS it may not be blocking it via the APP itself on mobile devices, etc.