Ignite Internet Cuts out EXACTLY Once Per Night!!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Ignite Internet Cuts out EXACTLY Once Per Night!!

Hello and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums @Leewolfia,

I can imagine how inconvenient interrupted service can be. How long have you had this issue for? Have you had a chance to speak to tech support about this?

We may need to take a look at this on our end. Please send us a PM @CommunityHelps so we can gather your information and get started.

If you are not familiar with our Private Messaging system please Click Here.

RogersZia

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Mine does the same thing every night at midnight! So annoying.. They say the same thing, that everything is ok on their end. Don't know how to stop this..
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Does everything cut out? (TV and internet?)
Or just the TV.

It may be that the TV is doing its nightly update?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@cynthiageorgas wrote:
Mine does the same thing every night at midnight! So annoying.. They say the same thing, that everything is ok on their end. Don't know how to stop this..

I can't think of anything on Rogers' side that could be causing it.  The Ignite TV set-top boxes get Guide-related updates all the time but that should not be disruptive or even noticeable.  Daily Updates, which may require a reboot, normally take place between 02:00 and 04:00, and that can be changed in "Settings / Preferences / General / Daily Update Time".  The set-top box also displays a pop-up dialog when an update requires a reboot, and gives you the option to either update immediately, Skip the update, or change the Daily Update Time.

On the Internet side, modem firmware updates (followed by a reboot) seem to happen (for me) at around 04:30, but certainly would not happen every day.

If your modem momentarily lost sync, that should show up in the error log.  (Log into the XB6 gateway, go to "Troubleshooting > Logs", and display the Event Logs  for the Last week,

Are you sure that you don't have a computer (or other device) kicking off a cloud backup (or doing something else intensive or disruptive on the network) that is scheduled to occur every day at a very specific time?