cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite Install Issues with Inputs on Smart TV

Szaboc
I've been here awhile

Anyone else have an issue? Installed Ignite on my Smart TV. Once I paired it and shut it off. Every time I turn it on it goes to the input screen on the tv. I have to select the input each time before I can watch tv.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite Install Issues with Inputs on Smart TV

Szaboc
I've been here awhile
It worked!!! It was a setting in the tv to turn on using last input!!!! Woohoo. Thank you everyone so much.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Ignite Install Issues with Smart TV

RogersCorey

Greetings and welcome to our Community @Szaboc!

That sounds to me like it is an HDMI handshake issue. Your TV isn't recognizing the input and automatically going to the active input. I personally encounter the opposite issue where Ignite is always the first input recognized when I turn on my PS4 Pro, so I have to wait a moment as CP24 blares to life before it clicks over to the console

Am I correct to assume that other devices automatically go to the right input? Have you tried changing the HDMI port and/or HDMI cable to see if that makes any difference for this behaviour? What kind of TV is it?

Regards,

RogersCorey

ColdGranite
I'm a senior contributor

@Szaboc wrote:

Anyone else have an issue? Installed Ignite on my Smart TV. Once I paired it and shut it off. Every time I turn it on it goes to the input screen on the tv. I have to select the input each time before I can watch tv.

***Edited Labels***

That may be a TV-settings issue.   Is it a Samsung, by chance?

My own TV always comes on with the "inputs" screen showing briefly, but it defaults to the last-used input and goes away after 10 seconds.  It is possible that you may have a setting on the TV that controls its behaviour on start up.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes, as stated by @ColdGranite above, many smart TVs have startup options where you can either go to the default screen with all the options like Netflix, etc, or you can tell the TV to go to an input instead, bypassing the apps. That should be what you investigate first to see if the TV then does what you want. 

Also, it's possible that HDMI-CEC may assist with this whereby if you enable HDMI-CEC on the TV and on the Rogers IgniteTV box (and any other devices you have), the TV will switch to the appropriate input for various devices as the devices start up.

Here's a post on the topic:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Problems-with-Ignite-Remote/m-p/456589#M5829

Szaboc
I've been here awhile
It worked!!! It was a setting in the tv to turn on using last input!!!! Woohoo. Thank you everyone so much.
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 in conversation