Ignite Home Phone: Which phones are supported?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Ignite Home Phone: Which phones are supported?

I have just signed up for Ignite TV and Internet. It comes with a a home phone number, call waiting and voicemail. I don't actually own a phone. What sort of phone do I need to  purchase please?

Thanks in advance

**Labels Added**

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Ignite Home Phone: Which phones are supported?

Hey @banksant,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thanks for your first post!

I hope you’re enjoying your Ignite service so far. You can use any home phone set you like, our Ignite Home Phone works just like the traditional home phone service you’ve had in the past. I’d recommend a cordless phone with Caller ID for convenience. Smiley Happy

RogersTim

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Although there are some less expensive models, I always recommend the Panasonic brand if you're looking for a cordless phone set. They are available with any number of handsets.  Look into the features that are available and pick the phone (set) that meets your needs in terms of features, number of handsets, etc.  Since you'll have access to Rogers Voicemail, you do not need to purchase one that has that feature, saving you a bit of money.

Asking us for recommendations is a bit like asking which vehicle to buy without telling us whether you're single or have 5 kids.  😉

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@banksant let me offer the "bah humbug" argument here.  Just because the home phone service is included in the Ignite TV package, you're under no obligation to actually use it.  If you have a use for it, great, if not, you might not want to bother buying a phone.  If you live on your cell phone, consider calling tech support to see if the Customer Service Rep can forward any calls to your cell phone.  Normally that would be set via the phone which is connected to the modem, but, perhaps the tech can do that for you.