Ignite Home Phone - Call Display not working with Call Waiting

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Ignite Home Phone - Call Display not working with Call Waiting

I too used to have regular RHP and the Call Display feature DID display the caller's ID when a second call came in. This to me is the whole point of having the feature, being able to identify who was calling so you could decide whether to put the other party on hold and answer this new call.

It amazes me to think that no one else seems to get this!

I Plan to Stick Around

@Rovers wrote:

I too used to have regular RHP and the Call Display feature DID display the caller's ID when a second call came in. This to me is the whole point of having the feature, being able to identify who was calling so you could decide whether to put the other party on hold and answer this new call.

It amazes me to think that no one else seems to get this!

Don’t feel bad... I first told Rogers about my voice mail indicator back in December. It took 3 months to admit it’s a wide spread issue...

btw- I have the issue that you described. Just gave up on ignite and Rogers ability to fix anything.. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There's unique name to describe a call display for an incoming call when your already on the line, its called Visual call waiting.  Visual Call waiting is the name commonly referred to for when you are A) Talking on a call already and B) an incoming call comes in,  you will hear the beep notification on your phone and with a compatible phone, you should be able to see the caller id on the display of the phone.  This feature is programmed at the network level so if its not working for you on ignite home phone but worked on rogers cable home phone then its a provisioning issue or a glitch with the new ignite system  back end.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Yes, I agree, Visual Call Waiting is the correct term. I have spoken with Rogers and they confirm that it is indeed a problem with the ignite system but they cannot (or will not) give me any indication if and when it will be fixed.

In addition and as a related issue, they also inform me that the absence of the TV Call Display feature has upset many customers, but will also not commit to any solution to this problem.

Rogers has done a very poor job of promoting a supposedly upgraded service. Removing features without advanced warning does not make for happy customers.

I Plan to Stick Around

Concierge comment to me was that you get the phone for free so don’t expect to have all the features!!!

This is why i’m Telling you guys not to expect anything from them.

I’m just waiting for Bell gigabitevto br available in my area to drop Rogers forever
I've Been Around

Just got of the phone and received the same response. "Features not working in Ignite, not sure when they will fix it.'

Frustrated after 'upgrading' to Ignite
I'm Here A Lot

Hello. Ever since I signed up for Ignite, my call display no longer works. When I call I am told it is a known issue. Any idea on when this will be fixed? It has been almost a month now...
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@michellemagee : As you can see from the following thread (and possibly others), this issue is at least 5 months old. No one knows when this will be fixed.  People can only hope that it will be soon.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Ignite-TV-home-phone-voice-mail-indicators/td-p/4359...