Ignite Home Phone - Call Display not working with Call Waiting

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Ignite Home Phone - Call Display not working with Call Waiting

In addition to the loss of TV Call Display I also have a problem with Call Display in general. If I receive a new call the caller's information IS displayed but if I am already answering a call and another call is received then that caller's ID is NOT displayed. This is the last straw for me as I'm already getting flack from the wife for moving to Ignite and losing TV Call Display so now this additional glitch is causing major problems.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so is there a solution - PLEASE?

*** Added Labels ***

Highlighted

Re: Ignite Home Phone - Call Display not working with Call Waiting

Hey @Rovers

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your first post!

Caller ID is definitely a feature you want working properly. I tested it on our test Ignite phone and it seems to be working. Have you tried to reset your cordless phone? To do so, you just unplug the phone for 30 seconds from the power.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, could I get you to try and toggle Call Waiting off, please?

1. Pick up your telephone and dial *70, you will hear two short beeps followed by the dial tone, indicating that Call Waiting has been temporarily de-activated
  2. Make a call
  3. Call Waiting will be re-activated automatically when you end the current call.

Thanks,

RogersTim

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hi RogersTim,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have tried doing as you say but neither of these procedures rectifies the problem. I tried using two different brands of cordless phone (Vtech and Panasonic) plus an older desk phone with a display. In each case the incoming caller was NOT identified while the phone was already in use. For any new call, in each case the phones did display the new caller ID as mentioned before.

I'm not sure whether I have adequately described the problem as I see it but it appears that call display is only partially working, i.e. works correctly for new calls but is non-functional if the line is already busy. 

I would still like to know whether others in this group have experienced this problem?

Thanks,

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Rovers how many telephones do you happen to have connected to the modem?  and....

What model of modem do you have, the Arris or Technicolor version, as seen on the bottom of the modem?  

I believe that @seadooxp30 has problems with Caller ID as well. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I have 1 desk phone a 3 other base stations serving a total of 5 handsets.

I  have the Technicolor modem p/n CGM4141.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Rovers just for the heck of it, try disconnecting three of the phones, just for test purposes and see what happens.  

Can you also look at the base of the desk phone and base stations, looking for the REN # (Ringer Equivalency Number).  I'm curious as to what the total combined REN # happens to be.  

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

OK, I tried disconnecting the desk phone and 2 of the cordless base stations. I get the same result as before.

I checked all the REN numbers as follows:

1) Desk phone REN # 1.4B (I believe it is B and not 😎

2) Vtech Base: REN # 0.1B

3) Uniden Base: REN # 0.0B

4) Panasonic Base: REN # 0.1 (no B)

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

For the second incoming call, is the audio warning failing, or the visual phone indicator failing, or both? Is there a visual indicator of a second call?  I never noticed what the current Home Phone modem does.  

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

No, the audio warning IS present when the second call comes in. Just the visual display is missing. With the old system we always had both audio and visual.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

We don't get many calls, however, we do get a very occasional audible warning when a second call comes through.  My wife doesn't know what this is (she thinks the other person has call waiting, when in actuality, it's ours). 

We usually ignore that second incoming call and let it go to voicemail.  I don't recall ever seeing (or looking for) that second call's number in my call display history - perhaps it doesn't get recorded unless you actually answer?  Sorry not to be of more assistance.

PS.  We have regular RHP, not Ignite.