Ignite 4K Picture

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Ignite 4K Picture

I have just got the Ignite TV box.  I have a Samsung 4K tv.  When the Rogers Ignite box is set to 4K, the picture is not good on the 4K channels.  For example, watching hockey the picture is blurred especially at hight speed action.  When I set it back to 1080 it is very good but I can't access 4K channels.  DO I have to go into my TV settings and change something? Thanks.

***Added Labels***

Re: Ignite 4K Picture

Hey @djn18!

Thanks for reaching out! Seeing your favorite 4K content in 4K would certainly be a must for sure! There's definitely a few things that we can check. Perhaps others in the community may have other thoughts but we'll start with the basics Smiley Happy.

Which model of TV are you using?
Can you confirm for me if your TV is set to the best possible resolution? 
Do you notice this issue when watching 4K content on YouTube? Or is it just with the Ignite TV box?

Thanks!

RogersAndy

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersAndy wrote:

Hey @djn18! Can you confirm for me if your TV is set to the best possible resolution? 

TVs cannot be set for a particular resolution. They have no choice but to display any incoming signals at their native resolution, which for 4K TVs is 4K.

https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/30-57s-home-theatre-faqs/73528-faq-native-display-resolution-vs-inp...

That said, there are sometimes limitations on certain HDMI inputs, so make sure you're connected to an input that accepts 4K properly - check the TV's operating manual.  Does the TV's information header show a 4K signal incoming from the Rogers box?  There is usually an "info" button on the TV's remote, or if you switch inputs (away from the one you're using and then back again), you'll usually see information on the incoming signal.

On the Rogers box make sure it's set for 4K and if there are options for several 4K settings, try them all.  Are you using an HDMI cable that's compatible with 4K? Do you have a good signal at the box?  Here's a post on that topic.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M42...

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks. The TV is a Samsung UN55KS8000. I believe the TV is set to best possible resolution.

I have not tried You Tube but will check that.

I've Been Around

When I try to set my Samsung 4K TV in Settings  to 4K, the screen goes blank. Eventually it bounces back to 1080P. I talked to a Rogers Ignite person and he is not aware of the problem. Any advice here?

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Just a thought: Have you tried a different 4K source on your TV with the same HDMI cable? 

Bill

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rsorrent wrote:

When I try to set my Samsung 4K TV in Settings  to 4K, the screen goes blank. Eventually it bounces back to 1080P. I talked to a Rogers Ignite person and he is not aware of the problem. Any advice here?

I assume you meant to say the Settings on the Rogers box (not the TV)?  Did you try the suggestions in post 3 of this thread?  Is the HDMI cable you're using compatible with 4K signals?  It should be specified as 4K or "Ultra High Speed" or similar.

I've Been Around

Because the signal is coming over the net instead of direct from cable the 4k signal is not as clear. I have been told rogers is working on it. I believe they should have taken care of this problem before selling their new ignite service. We are pating more for some nice features but the signal is not as good as the legacy service.