cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IGNITE TV- POOR QUALITY

brenteden
I've been here awhile

I am experiencing continued poor quality image and many screen freezes with Rogers Ignite TV. Do not change from your Nextbox platform. The quality of the image, in particular a hockey game, is of very poor quality and far from 1080p. I have experienced 25 messages from Rogers within one hour while trying to watch a hockey game, stating, "Rogers has run into a problem streaming, we are attempting to resume." Sometimes short pauses sometimes long, always seems to be worse at times when everyone watches a hockey game. I live in a new luxury apartment and expect better. After many, many hours waiting on the phone to talk with a variety of Rogers staff that keeps forwarding me on to someone else, having a technical person come twice and do nothing, other to stay someone else at Rogers has to help, it is not in his scope of work. Virtually useless visits, only time consuming and frustrating. It seems Rogers is unable to identify or resolve the issue so my only option is to cancel subscription, stop paying and sending equipment back. Please take this message as confirmation as I am yet waiting on the phone again and only have so much patience with incompetence.

**Added Labels**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: IGNITE TV- POOR QUALITY

RogersTony

Hello, @brenteden

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

We're sad to hear that you are experiencing picture quality issues with your Ignite TV service.

Can you provide us with a bit more information so we can determine the best course of action to get this resolved for you.

• Do you notice picture quality issues on all channels or specific channels/programs?
  • Does it happen on both Live TV and Recorded/On Demand content?
  • Do you have more than one Ignite TV box? If yes, does it happen on all of the boxes?
  • Is the Gateway modem close to the affected TV box? 
  • Is it possible to connect the Ignite TV box to the Ignite TV Gateway modem using Ethernet instead of Wi-Fi?

We look forward to hearing from you!

RogersTony

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RogersTony

Hello, @brenteden

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

We're sad to hear that you are experiencing picture quality issues with your Ignite TV service.

Can you provide us with a bit more information so we can determine the best course of action to get this resolved for you.

• Do you notice picture quality issues on all channels or specific channels/programs?
  • Does it happen on both Live TV and Recorded/On Demand content?
  • Do you have more than one Ignite TV box? If yes, does it happen on all of the boxes?
  • Is the Gateway modem close to the affected TV box? 
  • Is it possible to connect the Ignite TV box to the Ignite TV Gateway modem using Ethernet instead of Wi-Fi?

We look forward to hearing from you!

RogersTony

brenteden
I've been here awhile

This is becoming a joke, I just tried twice to reply and both times got an unexpected error. Perhaps you can try my email (Removed personal email address - Keep personal info private - RogersTony)  as the Rogers system has problems

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation