01-27-2023 09:02 AM - last edited on 01-27-2023 09:17 AM by RogersTony
I got Ignite TV installed 5 days ago. MyRogers account still doesn't reflect the changes. Technician said changes would show in 24 hours. 24 hours later, Rogers chat technician says sometimes 72 hours. Big CONS I've noticed so far:
1. The Flex Channel Exchange is only available every 30 days
2. Telephone Call TV Display doesn't work - I confirmed that isn't a feature.
3. I can no longer view the Lobby Cam in my condo building.
4. I don't see on the remote where I can switch between 2 shows, to be able to watch 2 at a time.
5. I've lost all the Stingray music channels.
6. I haven't been instructed to return my NEXTBOX, although I know it has to be returned within a month.
*** Edited Labels ***
01-28-2023 09:10 AM - edited 01-28-2023 09:15 AM
Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!
We're disappointed to hear that the Ignite TV service has not lived up to your expectations thus far.
1. The Flex Channel Exchange is only available every 30 days - For your first month, you can exchange your flex channels as many times as your like. After the first month you can exchange the channels only once per month.
2. Telephone Call TV Display doesn't work - I confirmed that isn't a feature. - The TV Call Display feature is not available on Ignite TV, at this time. If this changes in the future will will update the community.
3. I can no longer view the Lobby Cam in my condo building. - The Ignite TV service is not compatible with Lobby Cameras, your building manager or superintendent may have more information on how you can get this working or if there are plans to upgrade their camera systems in the near future.
4. I don't see on the remote where I can switch between 2 shows, to be able to watch 2 at a time. - Picture-in-picture is not available on Ignite TV. Ignite TV does have a feature called Last 9, when you press the Back arrow above the #1 on the remote number pad, when viewing live TV, it will show you the last 9 channels viewed and allow you to switch easily between them.
5. I've lost all the Stingray music channels. - There is a Stingray music app in the apps section under Music & Podcasts. You should be able to find all the Stingray content there.
6. I haven't been instructed to return my NEXTBOX, although I know it has to be returned within a month. - You can find the steps on how to return any of your legacy rental equipment to us by clicking here. Returning your equipment to us via Canada Post is free of charge. Please save your tracking number and obtain a receipt from the Canada post location you drop it off at.
Please let us know if you have any more questions or concerns about your Ignite TV service.
01-30-2023 07:41 AM
Thank you for the response. Last 9 is helpful. I found the Stingray app - thank you. 7 days after the switch to Ignite, I still don't have MyRogers updated, or been notified to return the equipment. I've researched that and bundled up the equipment. I was impossible for me to print the label, so I will have Canada Post read the QR code.
01-31-2023 03:22 PM
You are most welcome.
If you are still having issues with your MyRogers profile please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can investigate this for you and ensure your old services are disconnected.
Not familiar with our private messaging system, no worries click here.