IGNITE TV/Box will not power off when using all power button

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: IGNITE TV/Box will not power off when using all power button

My apologies for this not being a solution, but I just wanted to reassure you that I've had the same issue since I was talked into getting an Ignite package in December 2018.

I spoke to their tech department on several occasions in the early days and was unable to determine the purpose of the 'All power' button on the remote. It seems to do exactly the same thing as the 'TV Power' button which is solely control the TV.

I no longer bother with the 'All power'  and use the 'TV Power' button exclusively at the beginning & end of my television viewing days.

Rogers have also been unable to explain to me why there is not a simple stop button on the remote to end the playback of recorded items or YouTube videos.  I've had to make do with the convoluted use of the 'last' and 'exit' keys which in the case of YouTube often take me completely out of the application.

All that in addition to 7 months of waiting for a fix in their download and go service.

Needless to say I am far from impressed with Ignite and would hesitate to get it again.

It seems they rolled it out long before it had been fully tested and proven to work properly.

OMG… I did not mean to get on such a rant although I feel much better for it.  Let's hope that Rogers eventually gets someone involved who knows what they're doing.

Best of luck with your situation. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I just had Ignite installed today. The technician paired my TV and sound bar to the remote. All of the buttons on the remote work when pointed at the box except the on/off button. No matter where I point the remote at the box it will not turn off unless I move my hand all over the place except pointing it at the box. Both of my boxes do this. Box 1 is about 6 feet away and box 2 is about 10 feet away. The technician said the boxes do not turn off. You have to turn off your TV and Sound Bar using their own remotes. There is a dull green lamp that is lit on top of the boxes. This doesn't seem right. Can anyone confirm this. Thanks.

Phil.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks everyone, I found my answer in this thread.