I need help with my Sharp Smart TV LED 50 inch Model No.EVSHA50N5000U...there has been no sound coming from the speakers for a while so i have been using my PreSonus 3.5 Aris near field monitors to hear sound. Its been working for the most part connecting my tv through an AUX cord BUT now I'm using Fiber opitcial cable with with HDMI connection to watch Rogers Ignite TV on my tv and sound is coming out but the ppl sound like chipmunks. I even got Digital Analog convertor from Amazon to connect to my tv using the SPIDIF outlet and it still is not working? What should i do?
Thank you for posting your concern, and welcome to Rogers Community Forums!
I know how frustrating it can be to experience audio issues while watching TV. We'd be happy to assist you with this.
Have you tried replacing the Fibre optical cable or the HDMI cable? Have you tried rebooting the STB box? Is the STB box connected to a power bar? if yes, try connecting directly to a power outlet.
We look forward to hearing from you.
I have the following comments.
1. TVs don't usually have an optical (SPDIF) Input, it's usually an output.
2. It appears as though your speakers only have analogue audio inputs, so you'd need to have an HDMI adaptor that sends video to the TV and audio to the speakers via analogue audio (red/white).
3. In the Rogers box, set the audio output to "stereo" instead of Dolby or Expert and the audio in the TV audio should be fine.
4. If you want proper audio, you can connect HDMI to an AVR, or perhaps go "through" the TV and send audio out from the TV to something that has an optical input from the TV's optical output, but you'll need to set the TV's audio properly to send audio to the "external speakers" via the TV's optical output.
Please elaborate on what it is you're trying to do in detail.
Just got ignite yesterday, doing the same thing for certain commands using the remote. All settings are correct. This is weird. I am hooked up using 5.1.2 surround system.
@Peete22 : Please elaborate on what's happening - you hearing chipmunks?
1. Please tell us how you are connected - HDMI from box to AVR to TV or HDMI from box to TV and Optical to AVR?
2. What do you mean "same thing for certain commands". You hear chipmunks when you press buttons on the remote?
Please clarify exactly what's happening and all your equipment and connections. More information is more useful than less.
It is hooked up through HDMI directly to my 5.2.2 surround system amplifier. When we press random buttons on the ignite remote there is a high pitch beep coming out of the surround speakers. It only does it sometimes no rhyme or reason. I have never experienced this before with legacy cable or any other. I have checked the settings an restarted the box.
It is set to expert, the AVR is updated, it is not the AVR. I have had this surround system for 3 years, never had this problem with our TV, legacy cable, Roku or Chromecast.