cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IGNITE Not Recording on Channel That I Chose / Free-to-me (CTV) ?

SpeedyC
I'm a reliable contributor

Hi.

A little hard to articulate, but I'll try to explain ...

Recently, some of my scheduled IGNITE recordings have been switching recording channel on its own.

Seems to happen mostly with shows carried by CTV.

e.g. I scheduled "Will Trent" to record on CTVTO (channel 8).

Sometimes, the recordings show up under channel 129 instead (CJCH) ... it's another CTV affiliate based in Halifax, in another timezone.

The thing is, channel 129 is NOT part of my FLEX20 subscription ... so normally the channel will not appear in the "Free-to-me" version of the PVR's Guide. But in the last few weeks, sometimes ch. 129 appears free-to-me, and then disappear again,  causing some scheduled recordings to disappear.

And last night, I wanted to schedule a new series - "The Company You Keep" - on ABC (ch. 18).

After confirming the recording, I couldn't see it in the Guide. Again, it decided to record on ch. 129 (CTV) instead!

Today, I noticed ch.129 is again not in the free-to-me view ... luckily it was smart enough to switch the scheduled recording to CTVTO ... but not on ABC as initially preferred.

I have rebooted my PVR whenever such issues occur to no avail.

Anyone experiencing this?

***Edited Labels***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: IGNITE Not Recording on Channel That I Chose / Free-to-me (CTV) ?

james039
I plan to stick around

I've had a similar issue, but since I subscribed to the timeshifting I was still able to record the show. I think it might really help when you create your time to change the 'Channels' preference to record on 'CTVTO Only' you are able to constrain auto timers to the one channel you set them from this way. Hope you find this helpful.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor
Yes I see the exact same thing. The good doctor is scheduled to record on channel 129 at 7 pm this evening 02.13

We don't subscribe to channel 129 cjch.
But it records anyway.
Some coding/programming change of late has done this.

SpeedyC

Seems like all the affected shows are on CTV ("The Good Doctor", "The Rookie","Will Trent", "The Company You Keep")?

Also, this only happens when I record a Series, as opposed to an individual Episode.

I check my scheduled recordings daily.

When I see a show drop off my scheduled recordings list, I can go to the equivalent American channel, and record the individual Episode there.

Oddly enough, it won't allow me to record the Series on the American channel if I had previously set to record the Series on CTV.

SpeedyC

Hi James.

I wanted to set it to record on CTVTO only, but that option (This Channel ONLY) was not available at the time I set the series recording.

james039
I plan to stick around

I think when creating the recording the option is unavailable, but you should be able to go back and edit the timer after it is created. I was trying these things yesterday when you asked the question. I also agree that this feature really is in need of improvement.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation