cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want the Ignite remote (XR15v2) to toggle audio receiver input, not TV input

bmacaskill
I plan to stick around

I have my TV and Chromecast attached to my Denon AVR-1913 audio receiver. While Ignite XR15v2 remote "knows about" the AVR, and can control its volume, I'd prefer the TV Input button (or any other button) to toggle the AVR's inputs.

The TV Input button works, but in my case that's of no use: the TV has only one input (HDMI). It's the AVR that has the TV and my Chromecast (and FM and Game and DVD and CD, for that matter) as inputs, and that controls the video signal ouput to the TV.

So to toggle between my Ignite and my Chromecast as a video input, I have to be able to toggle Audio input (which I *can* do with the AVR remote, of course, but I'd rather use just the XR15 remote).

Thanks for any input (pun intended) anyone can offer!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: I want the Ignite remote (XR15v2) to toggle audio receiver input, not TV input

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately, the IgniteTV remotes do not have that capability.

You could consider a programmable remote like a Harmony, but they are no longer made so you'd need to purchase used.  The IgniteTV box is also pretty finicky when using a Harmony remote because it would be using IR signals instead of RF and you need to point the remote right at the box and it needs to be in the open.  Logitech is still supporting the Harmony remotes.

The Harmony Hub or Companion may work better, but difficult to find and pricy.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Re: I want the Ignite remote (XR15v2) to toggle audio receiver input, not TV input

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately, the IgniteTV remotes do not have that capability.

You could consider a programmable remote like a Harmony, but they are no longer made so you'd need to purchase used.  The IgniteTV box is also pretty finicky when using a Harmony remote because it would be using IR signals instead of RF and you need to point the remote right at the box and it needs to be in the open.  Logitech is still supporting the Harmony remotes.

The Harmony Hub or Companion may work better, but difficult to find and pricy.

bmacaskill
I plan to stick around

Thanks. I suspected as much, but it never hurts to ask. I've got at least a couple of old Harmonys kicking around, so maybe I'll give one a shot, but with 99% of the functionality I need already in the Ignite remote, there's not a lot ot be gained.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

use the denon app on your phone.

bmacaskill
I plan to stick around

Thanks. Not a bad idea, but it still leaves me using two devices/remotes rather than one 😉

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation