cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot get authentication for global tv app

Cami123
I've been around

I cannot get authorization for the global tv app. I tried to follow the instructions on how to send a private message to “community helps” on previous forums but that has not been working for me. Please help. This is frustrating

***Edited Labels***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: I cannot get authentication for global tv app

Lurker_Returns
I'm a reliable contributor
Can you walk us through the exact steps you're going through and what platforms you're attempting to authorize?

cecillsmith
I've been around

I am having the same issue trying to activate global TV app from my roku. I enter the activation code from the app at watch.globaltv.com/activate/ and select Rogers as the provider which takes me to the login screen for Ignite. I enter my login credentials and an error message comes back that it cannot authenticate at this time. I have tried a number of times over the past few days with no success. I also double checked my credentials on the Rogers site and Ignite streaming app.

Greetings @cecillsmith!

Just to confirm, you have no issues accessing Global on your TV or through the Ignite TV app? Do you happen to have a VPN enabled while you're attempting the activation?

Regards,

RogersCorey

Sgaristo
I've been around
I was just told by a Rogers agent on the phone that with ignite you cannot access the global TV app, it is just something that doesn’t work he said, and had to check with another department to get this answer, I had the same issue on my roku. Sucks!

alextheangel
I plan to stick around

That is not true, I did have issue to authorize my channels to global  ( and TSN , CTV ets ) when I first switched from legacy platform to ignite, but after several month and couple of "tech" calls , those finally would worked. You just have to keep calling/livechat ,  maybe ask nicely for some kind of "freebies" like extra tvboxes or extra monthly credit.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 in conversation