How to set wifi channel on Technicolor XB6 ?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: How to set wifi channel on Technicolor XB6 ?

@tjay9 wrote:
I tried removing the pods and the options are still greyed out.

It's not just the Pods.  Once you start using the Rogers mobile app (or the Ignite WiFi Hub web app) to manage your WiFi and XB6 gateway, you will lose access to some settings through the local Web admin UI and can then only make certain configuration changes through the mobile and web apps.

The only way (that I know of) to regain full access to the local web admin UI is to factory-reset the XB6 and stop using the mobile and web apps that caused the config options to get greyed/locked out.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have tried the factory reset followed by logging into just 10.0.0.1 but the options are still greyed out. I also dont have the ability to switch off band steering using the app and/or the local web admin UI

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@tjay9  That's weird.  I wonder if you are still logged in through one of the apps or if having Pods associated with your account is preventing you from regaining control.

Is there any particular problem that you are trying to fix at the moment?  Is auto channel selection causing problems or is band steering preventing a WiFi client device from connecting?

If you call Rogers Technical Support, they can disable the Ignite WiFi Hub backend and stop it from "taking over" and making configuration changes to your XB6 gateway (although this may require an escalation internally) but then you also will no longer be able to use Pods and you will be locked out from using the mobile and web apps that control and manage WiFi.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Sad that it took over an hour with support for them to figure out you cannot change channels with the Pods.