How to Set Power On Channel for IgniteTV

JimKosmack
I've Been Around

Setting default channel for turn on

*** Added Labels ***

14 REPLIES 14

Re: How to Set Power On Channel for IgniteTV

Good day @lisabrencis,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! Thank you for your post.

I know how convenient it is to set and manage your channel preferences for a better TV experience. I completely understand the nature of your inquiry.

Unfortunately, at this time, this feature is not available to Ignite TV users.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

So what channel does the box start on?  A specific channel?  The last channel to which it was tuned?  A random channel?  Is it any different if you turn off the box completely using the menu?  Is it any different if you only turn the box off (standby) for a short time using the power button?

RogersTim
Community Manager

Hey @57,

I did some testing to answer your questions!

The Set-Top box will remember the last channel you were tuned to whether you power down, standby, or unplug the power completely.

RogersTim

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thanks @RogersTim :  So if you remember to change the channel to the one you want as startup before shutting down for the night, you're all set...

This is a joke right? Before I made the mistake of switching to Ignite TV I set my start-up channel to something that would not be objectionable should my grandchildren be in the room. Now that I have switched to Ignite TV and they are no longer visiting I’m stuck with this choice?!? I cannot believe that this can be the case. At the prices you charge we should have MUCH, MUCH better service. I have been wanting to cancel my cable service completely - this is just one more nail in the coffin.
Topic Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 13 in conversation