How to Set Power On Channel for IgniteTV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

How to Set Power On Channel for IgniteTV

Setting default channel for turn on

*** Added Labels ***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: How to Set Power On Channel for IgniteTV

@JimKosmack : Using Navigatr it's under Settings - System - Power On Channel. Perhaps it's similar under Ignite...

PS. I strongly encourage anyone to go through all of the options available under Menu, Settings, Guide, etc to ensure that the system is set up the way you want, in order to optimize the audio and video experience for you.

Hey @JimKosmack

Certainly a useful feature for some and I do recall the feature on the NextBox, but to my knowledge I don't believe that is an available settings option for Ignite TV at this time. I do concur with @57 as well, definitely recommended to review all the settings to ensure it's optimized for your preferred experience,

RogersAndy

I've Been Here Awhile

I have not found this option either and I swear I’ve looked through all options. Mine automatically turns on to channel 30 TSN. I thought it may be because it was one of my favourited channels so I unfavourited it. But it still turned on to that channel. I’d like to set it to the last channel it was on or to a different channel altogether. If anyone finds out how. Please let me know.
I've Been Around

I just had this set up today and this is the very first thing that I'm trying to change.   Can't find it anywhere. 😞

Good day @lisabrencis,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! Thank you for your post.

I know how convenient it is to set and manage your channel preferences for a better TV experience. I completely understand the nature of your inquiry.

Unfortunately, at this time, this feature is not available to Ignite TV users.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

So what channel does the box start on?  A specific channel?  The last channel to which it was tuned?  A random channel?  Is it any different if you turn off the box completely using the menu?  Is it any different if you only turn the box off (standby) for a short time using the power button?

Hey @57,

I did some testing to answer your questions!

The Set-Top box will remember the last channel you were tuned to whether you power down, standby, or unplug the power completely.

RogersTim

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thanks @RogersTim :  So if you remember to change the channel to the one you want as startup before shutting down for the night, you're all set...