cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Manually Engage Screen Saver

Robbell
I plan to stick around

When ignite is turned on there is a screen that displays time and weather and nice scenery. Is there a way to manually get back to that screen or do you have to wait for ignite to time out?

***Edited Labels/Title ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to Manually Engage Screen Saver

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Robbell  There are a few other ways that you can launch the screen saver as well:

The quickest and easiest that I know of is to use the "Screensaver" voice command.

Another (more obscure) method is with the following key sequence: Press and hold the Rogers (Menu) button for three seconds, then key in: "⬆️ ⬆️ 2".  When the "Enter Control Code" popup appears, key in: "7 7 7 7"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RogersTony

Hello, @Robbell

We appreciate you posting your inquiry in our Community!

I also enjoy the screen savers on the Ignite TV platform, some of the scenery and animals are really beautiful.

If you would like to engage the screen saver without having to wait for the time out you can do so in the settings. Follow the steps below.

• Press the Rogers button on the remote
  • Scroll to the right until you get to the Settings Gear and Press OK on the remote.
  • Scroll down to Device Settings.
  • Scroll down to Screen Saver.
  • Select "Screen Saver Preview" to manually load the screen saver.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Robbell  There are a few other ways that you can launch the screen saver as well:

The quickest and easiest that I know of is to use the "Screensaver" voice command.

Another (more obscure) method is with the following key sequence: Press and hold the Rogers (Menu) button for three seconds, then key in: "⬆️ ⬆️ 2".  When the "Enter Control Code" popup appears, key in: "7 7 7 7"

MaxBmmr
I've been around
Has the screen saver been removed on start up. When my tv is turned on it goes straight to the tv channel. It was last on. This has been going on for a few weeks.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@MaxBmmr wrote:
Has the screen saver been removed on start up. When my tv is turned on it goes straight to the tv channel. It was last on. This has been going on for a few weeks.

I'm not aware of any change.  When I turn the TV and set-top box On using Power button on the Rogers remote, it shows the channel that I was last watching.  This is normal.

If you turn the TV On using either the TV's remote control or power button on the TV itself, without sending a "Power On" to the set-top box, you may see either the last channel streaming, the Screen Saver, or "No Signal", depending on the Ignite STB's current power state.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 in conversation