How do you like Ignite TV compared to Digital Cable?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: How do you like Ignite TV compared to Digital Cable?

@homegrownIP wrote:

@57 

1. Are you sure recordings don't play back in surround sound?  I find that hard to believe. 

2. Could it be your system set up?

1. Please read posts 95, 99, 101 of the following link. Unless things have changed very recently, I'm sure that you don't get proper DD5.1 on recordings. That's different from Surround Sound which I have explained in the link.  I don't have IgniteTV myself, so I rely on the feedback from others regarding this issue.

2. I can only assume that you don't know @57 ... 😉

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/IgniteTV-Surround-Sound/m-p/472720#M9274

Bplayer
I'm a Senior Contributor

@Circus_boi 

You should be OK in a 2,000 sq ft home, and if there are weak coverage areas then get the PODS that Rogers will provide. Some users still go with a 3rd party router for advanced control of their environment. Go standard first, get everything working and then decide if you need more options.

You can try for an XB7 but it may not yet be available in your area. When they are in generally support you can request a change.

schmidtp
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers supplies 2 Pods for free if you are having issues. No need to get 3rd party equipment.

Circus_boi
I Plan to Stick Around

@Bplayer @schmidtp Thanks.  Getting the new equipment on Sat., so will see how it all goes.  Rogers person also said that she can't guarantee XB7 as it's not 'fully launched' yet but I can always call Ignite Concierge to upgrade in the future.  Same for PODS, she said that I can't get them with the new equipment, but if I need it to call Ignite Concierge and get up to 2 for free.  

mclean2mclean
I've Been Around

Terrible. Rogers sucks.
OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@mclean2mclean wrote:
Terrible. Rogers sucks.

Could you please elaborate? I've gone to IPTV  (not Rogers) and the one big difference I've found is the poor Fast Forward and Rewind on recordings. But then I had a SARA cable box with Rogers and could even advance recordings frame-by-frame, which Nextboxes could not do. New technology takes away as much as it gives.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Babylegs1
I Plan to Stick Around

I switched over to Ignite TV December 2018. I absolutely love it! I would never go back to digital TV, I have so much more freedom with my TV. I have never had any issues with my service.
All 4 of my tv’s are older and non-smart. I love that they work like a streaming tv now without me having to replace all 4
I LOVE that I can watch my tv package on the go on all my devices! Also, the voice activation is such an awesome feature. Thanks, Rogers