How do you create a list of only your subscribed channels?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ColdGranite
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: How do you create a list of only your subscribed channels?

@Der_Schmengie wrote:
That you can’t control what shows up in the scroll function of the Rogers Ignite remote (a.k.a. Comcast remote) is absolutely, utterly pathetic. 

Not sure what you mean by this.

Lets look at what the IGNITE guide CAN control:

1.  I can look at ALL channels ... those that I DO subscribe to and those i COULD subscribe to.

2.  Alternately, I can look at only the channels that I DO subscribe to ("free to me")

3.  Alternately, I can look only at HD channels

4.  Alternately, I can look only at channels that I have marked as "favorites"

5.  Alternately, I can look at "trending" channels, if I were to care about such things.

6. Alternately, I can look at channels that are showing movies, now, and upcoming.

7.  Alternately, I can look at channels that are showing sports, NOW, and UPCOMING

8.  Alternately, I can look at channels with kids programming on NOW, and upcoming.

9.  I can call a program category by voice, and get a list of the channels that have that on now, or upcoming.  (Saying "movies" or "Hockey", or "NFL", or "Golf",  or "Comedies".,  etc. )

10.  In addition, I can call on a channel, or a program directly ("Big bang theory", "CTV Power Play", etc.  )

So what "control" would you like?  What "lack" makes the ignite remote "utterly pathetic"?

Jm221
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Rogers Laura,
So there is a simple way to list, only subscribed channels.
Simply press guide, once it's open, press C, a box will open with options. Second option is to show only subscribed channels.

You're welcome Rogers Community
ColdGranite
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@poiuytr1 wrote:

As I surf around, I only want to see channels I subscribe to. How do I do that?

*** Edited Labels ***

Here is how you get a printable list of all the channels that you subscribe to:

1. Log in to your myRogers Account

2.  Click on Usage and Services

3.  Click on TV

4.  You should get a display that says

"includes nn Flex Channels" 

on the left side of the page.

and

"includes mmm Total Channels"

on the right side of the page.

5.  On the right side, under the "total channels", there is a small-print link in blue:

"View my Channel lineup"

Click on that link

6.  You will get a frame of icons, representing the channels.  On the top-right of that frame is a link:  "View as PDF".

Click that  link.

You will get a printable list that shows your current channels, by NAME, and CHANNEL NUMBER.  Your current flex channels are marked with a Red "F".

Jm221
I've Been Here Awhile

Press guide, then press C, a channel filter box will open with options.
Lurker_Returns
I Plan to Stick Around

This doesn't work on Ignite TV, only on the old digital cable. The C key on Ignite TV opens the Sports App.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I don't have IgniteTV, however, I'm pretty sure there is an option under the Guide Preferences somewhere that allows you to choose between All, Subscribed, Favourites, etc.  I'll flag @-G- as he'll have the answer if you can't find it.

Lurker_Returns
I Plan to Stick Around

For Ignite, hit the Guide Button twice. First press brings up the guide, second press brings up the filters.
-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57 wrote:

I don't have IgniteTV, however, I'm pretty sure there is an option under the Guide Preferences somewhere that allows you to choose between All, Subscribed, Favourites, etc.  I'll flag @-G- as he'll have the answer if you can't find it.

See the second and third posts in this thread.  You can only change/filter the channels that you see in the Guide.  The Channel-Up and Channel-Down buttons (and entering a channel directly) can still take you to an unsubscribed channel.

unun4848
I Plan to Stick Around

Do I understand this correctly? If you channel surf with Ignite TV, you will be presented with channels you are not subscribed to and there is no way to fix that?

mordinxx
I've Been Around

>2. Alternately, I can look at only the channels that I DO subscribe to ("free to me")

Does not include all subscribed channels.

>So what "control" would you like? What "lack" makes the ignite remote "utterly pathetic"?

I just came over to Ignite from Bell FibreOp, since moving and it wasn't available in my new building. With Bell, when I bring up the guide it only shows channels I can actually watch. Anytime they had any 'free views' they showed up automatically.

I didn't have to worry about seeing something in the listings and clicking on it only to fine out I couldn't watch it since I wasn't subscribed. It would be nice to be able to sort the listings to show just channels available to watch.