How do you create a list of only your subscribed channels?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
poiuytr1
I've Been Here Awhile

How do you create a list of only your subscribed channels?

As I surf around, I only want to see channels I subscribe to. How do I do that?

*** Edited Labels ***

RogersLaura

Re: How do you create a list of only your subscribed channels?

Hey @poiuytr1,

Welcome to the Community and congrats on your first post! 👍

That's a great question!--If subscribed to Ignite TV service, here are the steps to view only the channels which are included FREE with your subscription. Using your Ignite TV remote:

You may also CLICK HERE to view some other available options you may use when navigating the Ignite TV guide. I hope this helps! 😁

RogersLaura

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When viewing the Guide, if you press the "Guide" button again on the remote, a screen will pop up that will also allow you to change the Guide view.

poiuytr1
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the help. This works great for the guide.

It doesn't change your channel selection as your surfing up and down the dial outside the guide.

Any idea if this is possible?

gp-se
I'm an Advisor

@poiuytr1 wrote:

Thanks for the help. This works great for the guide.

It doesn't change your channel selection as your surfing up and down the dial outside the guide.

Any idea if this is possible?

@poiuytr1 

At the moment it currently only works for the guide view, if you channel surf it won't skip the unsubscribed channels.

tamaya
I've Been Here Awhile

How do you do this if you don't have the voice remote? I did this last week and today all the unsubscribed channels are back and I can no longer see the option to hide them. 

RogersLaura

Hello @tamaya,

Thank you for posting your question here in the Rogers Community Forums! 

It can certainly be frustrating when you've taken time to set something up only to have it revert back to its original settings. I'm wondering if there was an update or a manual reboot that caused this to occur!? 🤔

Nevertheless, we'd like to assist you with getting your guide preferences set back up again! Are you currently residing in Ontario and using our Navigatr guide? If so, there are a few things you can do, please read on.

Hide channels that you are not subscribed to

With the Navigatr guide, you can permanently filter by Subscribed channels, as well as filter by Pay Per View, Favorites, and Music channels each time you use the guide by using the button on your remote. You can also hide individual channels in the Settings menu by navigating to Channel Setup and selecting Hide Channels. Scroll through the channel list to select channels you want to remove from the guide.

Create/Edit Favourites List on the Navigatr guide

To add a favorite channel through the Menu:

1. Press [SETTINGS] on your Rogers remote.
2. Scroll to the [Channel Setup] option and press OK/SELECT
3. Highlight Set Favourites and press OK/SELECT.
4. Scroll through the list of channels you want to add to your favourites and press OK/SELECT for each desired channel.
**A checkmark icon will appear next to the channel to indicate it is a favourite. 
5. Once you are happy with the list you've created you can press the FAV key or press the GUIDE button twice on your Rogers Remote. Doing this will show only your favourite channels listed in the guide.

I hope you find this helpful! 😁

RogersLaura

Alex4161
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hello,

What if you select to only view the channels you are subscribed to, and Rogers has a free preview of some other channels.  Will the system automatically allow you to see those channels or do you have to go back and select display all to see them?

Thanks

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Alex4161 wrote:

What if you select to only view the channels you are subscribed to, and Rogers has a free preview of some other channels.  Will the system automatically allow you to see those channels or do you have to go back and select display all to see them?

The Free Preview basically gives you a temporary subscription to that channel.  With Ignite TV, it will appear in the "Free To Me" view in your Guide.

Der_Schmengie
I Plan to Stick Around

That you can’t control what shows up in the scroll function of the Rogers Ignite remote (a.k.a. Comcast remote) is absolutely, utterly pathetic. The lack of performance with this seemingly minor functionality detail is one of the reasons people might consider cutting the cable after being frustrated day after day after day after day.....