cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you create a list of only your subscribed channels?

poiuytr1
I've been here awhile

As I surf around, I only want to see channels I subscribe to. How do I do that?

*** Edited Labels ***

37 REPLIES 37

Re: How do you create a list of only your subscribed channels?

Thank you

JHNEWBIE
I've been here awhile

@ColdGranite - You are, (I think deliberately) confusing using the Guide which does have some flexibility in hiding channels that you don’t want and simply using the SCROLL UP AND DOWN button, which, annoyingly, has no such capability.

Lurker_Returns
I'm a reliable contributor
Probably because it boggles his mind as to why anyone still "surfs" in that fashion anymore...

arecad
I plan to stick around

For me, the guide showing "Free to me" works okay but what I need is to be able to permanently remove/ban channels from the guide. For instance, the 30+ Stingray channels I personally never will use. They take up so many "channel up/down" clicks on the remote it's so frustrating. An option to remove channels from the guide would solve for this. There are other channels in my subscription that I will never use.

I looked at using favourites as an option but that won't show free previews when they become available and it is a lot more work to add 150+ channels as favourites than to remove 30 some from the guide.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

I believe you can manage your favourites by logging into Ignite TV web https://ignitetv.rogers.com/ and setting your favourites there and it carries over to your TV box as well.  May be easier on web

But I could be wrong.

MudLark
I've been here awhile

Hello @Jm221:What province are you in? Tried it here in New Brunswick,....No Worky. (I wish it did; It is a feature I wold really enjoy).

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@MudLark I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do, however, post 2 of this thread outlines how to set "free to me" (subscribed) channels as your default guide view and post 3 discusses pressing the Guide button twice, which then allows you to select various guide options like All Channels, Free to me, HD, Favourites, etc.

I'm assuming you're not looking for a printout and that you're on IgniteTV since this is an IgniteTV thread.  If not, let us know the make/model of your box(es)

MudLark
I've been here awhile

@57:  Thank you for responding to my post.

I'm apologize. I just joined the forum today and I jumped the gun. I realized later, that I was on the Ignite TV thread, which I am not set up for.

I have a DCX -3400-M Motorola  PVR and the Rogers remote, marked with 105603 on the back, also a Samsung Smart TV.

I am actually looking for two downloads:

1) A list I can print, showing all the channels that I am subscribed to.

2) Another list, showing all the HD channels only that I am subscribed to.

I have been searching, but so far I have had no luck. I do not even know if this is a possibility with the hardware that I am using.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you contact Rogers they should be able to send you a pdf of your subscribed channels.  Not sure about the HD subset.

Chico1
I've been around

How do I see the channels subscribed to only and not the complete list in the guide? PIA looking for the channel your subbed channel.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Chico1 : Press the guide button twice and you'll be presented with the options for All Channels, Free to Me (subscribed), HD and Favourites.

Lurker_Returns
I'm a reliable contributor
Okay, there's lots of confusion as to what Ignite can and cannot do.

Here's the summary:
TO ONLY SEE SUBSCRIBED CHANNELS IN THE GUIDE (including free previews):
1. Press the GUIDE button TWICE.
2. Select "Free to Me"

That's it

TO SEE ONLY SUBSCRIBED CHANNELS WHILE "SURFING"
1. You can't.
2. Why are you still surfing in a 400 channel universe, where it takes 2-3 seconds to tune in a channel anyway?

@Lurker_Returns wrote:
TO SEE ONLY SUBSCRIBED CHANNELS WHILE "SURFING"
1. You can't.
2. Why are you still surfing in a 400 channel universe, where it takes 2-3 seconds to tune in a channel anyway?

This is actually a very valid and common use case.  The elderly, those who have had a stroke, or who suffer from other disabilities can have a VERY tough time using Ignite TV.  Some can barely turn the TV on and off, control the volume, and change channels using Channel Up/Down.  They can't navigate the Guide or punch in channel numbers, and many cannot use voice commands.  The XR15 remote also suffers from numerous design flaws that presents additional challenges.

And then there are those who simply like to channel-surf, and there is no reason why Ignite TV should not be able to accommodate those people as well.

It would be great if you could set up a list of favourite channels (or use one of the pre-defined Guide views) and be able to cycle through the channels (in any direction) using Channel Up/Down without hitting channels that you are not subscribed to.

ivycomputech
I've been around

This is 100% correct. Finally someone understands the struggle and frustrations of people with disabilities or certain medical conditions. 
The "modern design" is not inclusive at all, and does not consider that for some people it takes a good minute to enter 3 digits on a remote then find OK button to change the channel.
Keeping their finger on a Channel up/down rocker and scrolling thru is the only "normal" way.
The "400-channel universe" is mainly useless to them, as they only need 30-40 channels they subscribed to.

I am also in 100% agreement with the need for a way to slim down the channel list to 30-40 subscribed channels that can be surfed using the channel UP/DOWN buttons.  I have an elderly parent who is using a FLIPPER remote that only has channel UP/DOWN buttons and volume buttons.  The Rogers Ignite voice remote is too confusing for them to use.  Now when they use the channel UP/DOWN buttons they get "stuck" on a channel they aren't subscribed to. It is very frustrating.  I am located in a different city, but rigged up a security camera to show me the TV and a remote IR transceiver that I can use to change the channel or navigate the menus for them remotely.  I do this daily. 

How do you get it to remain on the Free to Me selection and not have to reset it every time the tv is turned on?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@M1r4nd41 wrote:

How do you get it to remain on the Free to Me selection and not have to reset it every time the tv is turned on?

Click the "Rogers" menu button on your Ignite Voice Remote, select Settings, then go to "Preferences / General / Default Guide View" and set it to "Free To Me"

Topic Stats