cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you create a list of only your subscribed channels?

poiuytr1
I've been here awhile

As I surf around, I only want to see channels I subscribe to. How do I do that?

*** Edited Labels ***

37 REPLIES 37

Re: How do you create a list of only your subscribed channels?

RogersYasmine

Hey @poiuytr1,

Welcome to the Community and congrats on your first post! 👍

That's a great question!--If subscribed to Ignite TV service, here are the steps to view only the channels which are included FREE with your subscription. Using your Ignite TV Voice remote:

1. Press the 'Guide' button twice.

2. Scroll over to and select the 'Free To Me' icon from the list of options.

Once done, only the channels that are free to you will appear.

You may also CLICK HERE to view some other available options you may use when navigating the Ignite TV guide. I hope this helps! 😁

RogersYasmine

When viewing the Guide, if you press the "Guide" button again on the remote, a screen will pop up that will also allow you to change the Guide view.

poiuytr1
I've been here awhile

Thanks for the help. This works great for the guide.

It doesn't change your channel selection as your surfing up and down the dial outside the guide.

Any idea if this is possible?

@poiuytr1 wrote:

Thanks for the help. This works great for the guide.

It doesn't change your channel selection as your surfing up and down the dial outside the guide.

Any idea if this is possible?

@poiuytr1 

At the moment it currently only works for the guide view, if you channel surf it won't skip the unsubscribed channels.

tamaya
I've been here awhile

How do you do this if you don't have the voice remote? I did this last week and today all the unsubscribed channels are back and I can no longer see the option to hide them. 

Hello @tamaya,

Thank you for posting your question here in the Rogers Community Forums! 

It can certainly be frustrating when you've taken time to set something up only to have it revert back to its original settings. I'm wondering if there was an update or a manual reboot that caused this to occur!? 🤔

Nevertheless, we'd like to assist you with getting your guide preferences set back up again! Are you currently residing in Ontario and using our Navigatr guide? If so, there are a few things you can do, please read on.

Hide channels that you are not subscribed to

With the Navigatr guide, you can permanently filter by Subscribed channels, as well as filter by Pay Per View, Favorites, and Music channels each time you use the guide by using the button on your remote. You can also hide individual channels in the Settings menu by navigating to Channel Setup and selecting Hide Channels. Scroll through the channel list to select channels you want to remove from the guide.

Create/Edit Favourites List on the Navigatr guide

To add a favorite channel through the Menu:

1. Press [SETTINGS] on your Rogers remote.
2. Scroll to the [Channel Setup] option and press OK/SELECT
3. Highlight Set Favourites and press OK/SELECT.
4. Scroll through the list of channels you want to add to your favourites and press OK/SELECT for each desired channel.
**A checkmark icon will appear next to the channel to indicate it is a favourite. 
5. Once you are happy with the list you've created you can press the FAV key or press the GUIDE button twice on your Rogers Remote. Doing this will show only your favourite channels listed in the guide.

I hope you find this helpful! 😁

RogersLaura

Alex4161
I'm a senior contributor

Hello,

What if you select to only view the channels you are subscribed to, and Rogers has a free preview of some other channels.  Will the system automatically allow you to see those channels or do you have to go back and select display all to see them?

Thanks

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Alex4161 wrote:

What if you select to only view the channels you are subscribed to, and Rogers has a free preview of some other channels.  Will the system automatically allow you to see those channels or do you have to go back and select display all to see them?

The Free Preview basically gives you a temporary subscription to that channel.  With Ignite TV, it will appear in the "Free To Me" view in your Guide.

Der_Schmengie
I plan to stick around
That you can’t control what shows up in the scroll function of the Rogers Ignite remote (a.k.a. Comcast remote) is absolutely, utterly pathetic. The lack of performance with this seemingly minor functionality detail is one of the reasons people might consider cutting the cable after being frustrated day after day after day after day.....

ColdGranite
I'm a senior contributor

@Der_Schmengie wrote:
That you can’t control what shows up in the scroll function of the Rogers Ignite remote (a.k.a. Comcast remote) is absolutely, utterly pathetic. 

Not sure what you mean by this.

Lets look at what the IGNITE guide CAN control:

1.  I can look at ALL channels ... those that I DO subscribe to and those i COULD subscribe to.

2.  Alternately, I can look at only the channels that I DO subscribe to ("free to me")

3.  Alternately, I can look only at HD channels

4.  Alternately, I can look only at channels that I have marked as "favorites"

5.  Alternately, I can look at "trending" channels, if I were to care about such things.

6. Alternately, I can look at channels that are showing movies, now, and upcoming.

7.  Alternately, I can look at channels that are showing sports, NOW, and UPCOMING

8.  Alternately, I can look at channels with kids programming on NOW, and upcoming.

9.  I can call a program category by voice, and get a list of the channels that have that on now, or upcoming.  (Saying "movies" or "Hockey", or "NFL", or "Golf",  or "Comedies".,  etc. )

10.  In addition, I can call on a channel, or a program directly ("Big bang theory", "CTV Power Play", etc.  )

So what "control" would you like?  What "lack" makes the ignite remote "utterly pathetic"?

Jm221
I've been here awhile
Hi Rogers Laura,
So there is a simple way to list, only subscribed channels.
Simply press guide, once it's open, press C, a box will open with options. Second option is to show only subscribed channels.

You're welcome Rogers Community

ColdGranite
I'm a senior contributor

@poiuytr1 wrote:

As I surf around, I only want to see channels I subscribe to. How do I do that?

*** Edited Labels ***

Here is how you get a printable list of all the channels that you subscribe to:

1. Log in to your myRogers Account

2.  Click on Usage and Services

3.  Click on TV

4.  You should get a display that says

"includes nn Flex Channels" 

on the left side of the page.

and

"includes mmm Total Channels"

on the right side of the page.

5.  On the right side, under the "total channels", there is a small-print link in blue:

"View my Channel lineup"

Click on that link

6.  You will get a frame of icons, representing the channels.  On the top-right of that frame is a link:  "View as PDF".

Click that  link.

You will get a printable list that shows your current channels, by NAME, and CHANNEL NUMBER.  Your current flex channels are marked with a Red "F".

Jm221
I've been here awhile
Press guide, then press C, a channel filter box will open with options.

Lurker_Returns
I'm a reliable contributor
This doesn't work on Ignite TV, only on the old digital cable. The C key on Ignite TV opens the Sports App.

I don't have IgniteTV, however, I'm pretty sure there is an option under the Guide Preferences somewhere that allows you to choose between All, Subscribed, Favourites, etc.  I'll flag @-G- as he'll have the answer if you can't find it.

Lurker_Returns
I'm a reliable contributor
For Ignite, hit the Guide Button twice. First press brings up the guide, second press brings up the filters.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57 wrote:

I don't have IgniteTV, however, I'm pretty sure there is an option under the Guide Preferences somewhere that allows you to choose between All, Subscribed, Favourites, etc.  I'll flag @-G- as he'll have the answer if you can't find it.

See the second and third posts in this thread.  You can only change/filter the channels that you see in the Guide.  The Channel-Up and Channel-Down buttons (and entering a channel directly) can still take you to an unsubscribed channel.

unun4848
I plan to stick around

Do I understand this correctly? If you channel surf with Ignite TV, you will be presented with channels you are not subscribed to and there is no way to fix that?

mordinxx
I plan to stick around

>2. Alternately, I can look at only the channels that I DO subscribe to ("free to me")

Does not include all subscribed channels.

>So what "control" would you like? What "lack" makes the ignite remote "utterly pathetic"?

I just came over to Ignite from Bell FibreOp, since moving and it wasn't available in my new building. With Bell, when I bring up the guide it only shows channels I can actually watch. Anytime they had any 'free views' they showed up automatically.

I didn't have to worry about seeing something in the listings and clicking on it only to fine out I couldn't watch it since I wasn't subscribed. It would be nice to be able to sort the listings to show just channels available to watch.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mordinxx wrote:

>2. Alternately, I can look at only the channels that I DO subscribe to ("free to me")

Does not include all subscribed channels.

It should.  Which of your subscribed channels are missing from the "Free To Me" view?

>So what "control" would you like? What "lack" makes the ignite remote "utterly pathetic"?

I just came over to Ignite from Bell FibreOp, since moving and it wasn't available in my new building. With Bell, when I bring up the guide it only shows channels I can actually watch. Anytime they had any 'free views' they showed up automatically.

They do for me on Ignite TV.  The "Free Previews" voice command will show all Free Previews available to you.  Your Guide should also get updated and temporarily show those channels as subscribed.  (e.g. all the Super Channel channels all showed up as subscribed in my Free To Me view during the last Free Preview, as did the On Demand content.)

If you are not seeing all of your subscribed channels, try performing a "System Refresh".  Press the "A" button on your remote, scroll right and select "System Refresh".  If that does not fix the problem, contact Rogers for further assistance.

Topic Stats