How do I record the same show on more than one channel

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

How do I record the same show on more than one channel

Yes, I want more than one recording of the same show. In fact, on Navigatr I had one show recorded three times. My wife watches a particular show but it occasionally gets pre-empted. In that case we always had it recorded from a different channel. That has saved the day many times.

Yesterday — for no discernible reason — that show failed to record with Ignite, despite the fact that it had recorded previous days and nothing at all had changed. We donn't have the choice to record on multiple channels because that's the way Ignite works. You can specify "Only X channel" or "Prefer HD", "Prefer SD" (or something to that effect). In the guide I went to the channels this show is on during the day and tried to set up separate recordings. No luck. It would only let me choose the one channel or the aforementioned "Prefer..." choices. Can someone explain what the logic behind this is?

*Added Labels*

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: How do I record the same show on more than one channel

The logic is that the programme is recorded on Rogers' servers instead of your device. Recording the same programme would use up more server space costing Rogers and it's customers additional money and resources.  I would hope that missing a recording would be a rare occurrence with Ignite due to different recording logic.

I understand your need for "insurance." I do the same myself for F1 races on Sundays which typically air on three TSN channels, however, I have found that the channel can change at the last minute, so I like to cover my bases for that eventuality and then delete the superfluous recordings. I'm still on digital cable using 9865s (NB3s)

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the response, 57. I'm starting to wish I was still on the previous service. So far our switch to Ignite has been a disaster.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

How about don't record the program but record the specific time slot. 

in the guide highlight the channel on the left and press the record button, then follow the prompts to record that channel at a specific time. This way you are recording the  time slot.

I've Been Here Awhile

I'll try that! Thank you, Biollw.

I've Been Here Awhile

Biollw's suggestion was great, but I discovered that Rogers only lets you record that time slot once. I would have to set up separate recordings for every day, from now until... well, I guess years from now.

So my original problem persists.