cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I disable reminders for sports games?

bscrivens
I plan to stick around

I'm making this post on behalf of my mother, who one day didn't necessarily want to record the blue jays game, but wanted a reminder of when it was starting so she could switch over and have a look. This was a few weeks ago. Ever since then, every single time there is a baseball game, a reminder pops up on the TV telling us about another baseball game. We want this gone, and have no idea how to do it.

I've gone into the "Notifications" section and everything is disabled. Tried saying "Reminders" using the microphone and that just brings us to the scheduled recordings, where there are no sports games. Went into the "Sports" section and not seeing anywhere to disable these reminders.

We have the Ignite TV Premier bundle with an Ignite TV Box

Any help is appreciated, Thanks

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do I disable reminders for sports games?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Another option, if the item in the guide is difficult to find, simply wait for the next bothersome reminder.  Press OK and you'll be taken to that event. Bring up the guide and follow the instructions in my previous post.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Go To Guide, go to (find) the programme associated with the reminders, click the programme. Click Reminder Options.  Cancel Series Reminders.

In future, if you only want a single reminder set it up that way instead of as a series.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
You can also cancel reminders for upcoming games for any given team as follows: https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/SportsApp-on-Ignite-TV-How-do-you-cancel-a-reminder/...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Another option, if the item in the guide is difficult to find, simply wait for the next bothersome reminder.  Press OK and you'll be taken to that event. Bring up the guide and follow the instructions in my previous post.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

By accident I happened to be able to see where my reminders are kept.  Go to Rogers - Saved - Scheduled - Down arrow - Up arrow - Click "View Recordings" you are then presented with options for Recordings and Reminders. Scroll down and click "Reminders" and there you go. 

Be aware that the reminders seem to be tied to a specific box and may not show on another box, even if you have "all devices" selected.  (This makes sense since you don't want another person in the house disrupted by your reminders)

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 in conversation