cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Clear Cancelled Recordings from Ignite TV's Scheduled List?

SpeedyC
I'm a reliable contributor

Hi.

If I cancel a recording of one particular show/episode/movie (i.e. not a series), the episode still appears in Rogers > Saved > Scheduled with the message "Cancelled recording" next to it.

To keep the Scheduled list tidy, is there a way to just not show the cancelled recordings at all (I guess I can wait up to 2 weeks for them to drop off ...) ?

15 REPLIES 15

Re: How To Clear Cancelled Recordings from Ignite TV's Scheduled List?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Not that I know of, nor do I know why the cancelled recordings even need to be shown.

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
It only shows cancelled when you have the whole series set to record and you cancel an episode.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Don_Ca wrote:
It only shows cancelled when you have the whole series set to record and you cancel an episode.

No, you will see "Cancelled Recording" any time that you cancel any recording.  Just tested and confirmed this by scheduling and cancelling the recording of an upcoming movie.  You also see the 🚫 symbol in the Guide.

SpeedyC
This is exactly what I’m encountering.
Oh well ... I can live with it ...

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
My mistake. I thought it was only on series where you saw it.

SpeedyC

I noticed that cancelled recordings don't show up in the Rogers Ignite TV app for iOS.

So it's just the IPTV box that exhibits this behaviour.

TracyR288
I've been here awhile

I'm new to Ignite and I find that while there are some things that are good about the IPTV Box, there's a lot of work that could be done.  I have a block of my chosen channels that I can't add to my Favourites section - I don't want to have to scroll through kids programming.  It would be nice if sports channels or news channels or lifestyle channels were lumped together instead of scattered all over the spectrum.  I'd like to see a list of all the programs that I've set for repeated recording so that when a series is cancelled  I can remove it from the list so it never shows up as a recording option again.  And having programs that were cancelled still showing up in the saved section is, as someone noted previously, untidy.  I hope that their techy people read this.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@TracyR288 wrote:

1. I have a block of my chosen channels that I can't add to my Favourites section

2. It would be nice if sports channels or news channels or lifestyle channels were lumped together

3. I'd like to see a list of all the programs that I've set for repeated recording so that when a series is cancelled.

1. Don't see why not. I was able to add any of the channels I subscribe to to my favourites.

2. They are to some extent.  Not in channels 1-100 because those are kept there for "seniors", however, in the higher channels a lot of sports channels, timeshift, kids channels, news channels, music channels, ethnic channels, HD channels (500), etc are grouped together.

3. Go to Rogers - Saved - Scheduled - Down - Up - Series Priority. All your series are there and can be deleted, etc.

Kosty555
I've been here awhile

We can't even get a series. We have time shift, so we get the shows earlier, and they won't  record as a series, three long phone calls, and the same result.

Kosty555
I've been here awhile

I'd like them to be deleted, instead  of wading through a bunch of junk.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Would you please provide examples of programmes that will not provide a series recording for you. Also, please advise what you do to create the series - do you do a voice search, or via the guide on the TV (from the IgniteTV box) or via the Ignite TV app on a device, or via the browser link on a computer?

https://ignitetv.rogers.com/

There should be no problem setting up a series recording by following the on-screen instructions on the various options listed above.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Kosty555 wrote:

I'd like them to be deleted, instead  of wading through a bunch of junk.

You should be able to select the programme in your scheduled recordings you wish deleted and click the "D" button on your remote and then confirming if you wish to delete one programme or the entire series. 

Alternatively, after selecting the programme in the series you can hit the right arrow to go over to the (X) on the right side and then hit select to delete the programme or the series depending on which you wish to do.

Alternatively, you can use the app or browser to select/delete scheduled recordings.

If the programme is a "zombie" (not scheduled in the next 2 weeks) and  is not in your scheduled recordings, you can follow the instructions in my previous post - link below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/How-To-Clear-Cancelled-Recordings-from-Ignite-TV-s-S...  Item 3

Kosty555
I've been here awhile

I know how to delete a show, but when I'm  trying  to delete  a canceled show, D doesn't  work, and it just sits there under scheduled  shows. I tried to record the early series of amazing  race  7-8, as we have time shift. It confirmed  it, but when we looked, it recorded  the late series, I deleted  that, and there they stay. It will take one show at a time in a timeshift , but not the series.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Kosty555  When you say "trying  to delete  a canceled show", do you mean trying to get rid of a cancelled recording, that appears with a 🚫 symbol under Scheduled Recordings?  If so, I don't know any way to clear those.  Those stay around until time passes when that scheduled recording would have occurred.

I really don't know why Ignite TV (or Comcast's Xfinity TV) does this but it's definitely something that they implemented deliberately.

One possible explanation is that they wanted to make it visible when one member of a household schedules a recording and another member deletes it.

A more likely possibility is to avoid a situation where restoring part of the PVR database from archives (to fix a problem or to recover lost data) causes a previously deleted recording to reappear in Scheduled recordings.  That deleted recording marker (timestamped with a later date) would prevent this from happening.

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor
@Kosty555: Both @G and @57 have previously answered these questions many times before, but I'm just going to link some of their related posts and Rogers info threads (that might make things clearer for you or others):

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Issues-with-shows-recording-more-then-once/td-p/4689...

@G said (taken from the above thread): "One other quirk of Ignite TV is that you can only set up one instance of a series recording at a time.  I don't know of any way to record all new episodes of a TV show on Global (Toronto) AND also record all new episodes of that same show that air on CBS or perhaps on Global from a west coast feed."

More related info and threads:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/How-to-Cancel-Scheduled-Recordings-on-Ignite-TV/ta-p...

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Prioritize-Scheduled-Recordings-on-Ignite-TV/ta-p/44...

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Delete-and-Recover-Recordings-on-Ignite-TV/ta-p/4440...

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Ignite-TV-Clearing-Recordings-of-Discontinued-Shows/...

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/IgniteTV-quot-Zombie-quot-Recordings-Where-are-they-...
Topic Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 7 in conversation