cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone Down

evital166
I've been here awhile

Home phone still not working! C’mon Rogers get your act together it’s now 52 hrs with no home phone ☎️ pathetic

**Added Labels**

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Home Phone Down

ElizPalmer
I've been here awhile

Same for for my 85 year old father-in-law and it feels like no help is available for him. We have tried Rogers multiple help lines but keep getting hang/ups. He lives alone and we are concerned the he will not be able to use  911 in the case of emergency. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Due to the way that home phone works today for most people, it's not as reliable as it once was and it also typically will be down in a power outage because the node near the home will likely be down, or the home modem, etc.  It is my understanding that wireless is restored (for almost everyone), so if you're concerned about 911 or other "emergencies" then you should have a cell phone, even if only an inexpensive prepaid plan. As for 911, it is my understanding that any recent working cell phone will call 911, even without a SIM or cellphone plan.  Most people have an older cellphone lying around.

Ricali
I've been around

When we make a call, we cannot be heard by the person we are calling, or when we receive a call we cannot be heard.  When will this be fixed??

ElizPalmer
I've been here awhile

Ricali, This seems like a common issue as I’ve heard of other people having the same issue as you and my father-in-law. I suspect it is low in their priority list. Hopefully they will get caught up soon so they can fix this issue. 

Annie74
I've been here awhile

Hi i am experiencing the same thing unable to use my phone since Friday 

When we make a call, we cannot be heard by the person we are calling, or when we receive a call we cannot be heard.  When will this be fixed??

adabob09
I've been around

I'm in the same boat Annie. I can't be heard by anyone and can't call because they won't HEAR ME and they hang up on you. I know because it happen to me before.

vfhs
I've been here awhile

No line since outage, contacted Rogers, no help there had tech guy zap modem and lost him, phone dead

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 in conversation