Hiding SSID on Ignite TV modem/router

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Hiding SSID on Ignite TV modem/router

Is it possible to hide SSID on Rogers Ignite modem? As per my knowledge, the only way to hide it is by putting it in bridge mode which disables it.

*Added Labels*

Solved! Go to Solution.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Hiding SSID on Ignite TV modem/router

@rookie8155 wrote:

Is it possible to hide SSID on Rogers Ignite modem? As per my knowledge, the only way to hide it is by putting it in bridge mode which disables it.

By enabling Bridge Mode on the XB6, you are disabling the private Wi-Fi network (which you can also do in Gateway mode) as well as disabling the router and firewall functions that protect your internal network.

If you are hoping to leave Wi-Fi enabled and disable SSID broadcasts, you can't do that on the XB6.  Is there any reason why you would want to configure a hidden network?  There's no security benefit to doing so and there are even some downsides.

I Plan to Stick Around

There is a option to not broadcast the SSID in wifi settings for both 2.4 and 5 ghzD04B8A74-2D26-413F-BD07-5B46E28EBBA5.jpeg

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rookie8155  Sorry, I was mistaken.  I just double-checked this on my Technicolor XB6 and there IS an option to disable (unheck) "Broadcast Network Name (SSID)" ; press the EDIT button fot the 2.4 or 5 GHz bands and the option is at the bottom of the settings page.

I can't check whether or not having Pods installed disables or removes this option.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks to both of you for finding time to find the resolution.