Harmony Remote and Ignite

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Harmony Remote and Ignite

I have the Harmony Ultimate Home with the hub.  Take the hub and Ignite box out of the cabinet and do not use the IR Blasters.  Place the hub on-top of the Ignite box and program the remote for the Xi6-A and you will have no issues using the harmony remote.  This is what I had to do for mine to work.  Hope this helps.

I've Been Here Awhile

Harmony Favourite Channels set-up with Ignite TV

Hello all, just switched to Rogers Ignite TV in Toronto. I’m trying to set it up with my Harmony Hub, and was able to add it. But now I’m trying to set up the favourite channels, but am finding when I enter my postal code that the channel numbers are wrong if I select Rogers.

Anyone else have this problem? And have you been able to fix it?

I Plan to Stick Around

The Rogers Ignite channel list has not been setup on the Logitech database. I opened a ticket with them back in April last year, but they have not created a version for Ignite yet. Maybe you should open a ticket with them.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks! I’ve had little luck with Logitech support lately, which is a shame, as they used to be amazing. I’ll submit a case too and maybe it’ll get escalated.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Guys

How to access network settings on Roger Ignite TV box (Xi6-A)? Today, I got Rogers Ignite TV setup done. I have got one issue that is Harmony remote is not changing channels etc. on Ignite TV. Looks like I have configured Ignite Box correctly (Xi6-a) in Harmony setup and migrated all commands and buttons into Harmony remote but still none to the buttons work in Harmony.

First I saw the issue that Rogers technician connected TV box direct to Ignite modem which is on different subnet than my Orbi router subnet. So I changed the connection and connected Ignite TV to Orby network so that TV and Harmony are on the same network and rebooted TV box so that it gets new IP address but still no luck.

Secondly, I don't know how to access network settings on Ignite TV box.

I will appreciate your help.

I Plan to Stick Around

The modem is address 10.0.0.1, userid is admin, and password is whatever was set.

My Harmony is configured to operate the Xi6-A via IR not network. Make sure the device is configured correctly in Harmony setup. If you do not specifically need it network controlled they try defining it for IR control.

I've Been Here Awhile

I have the Harmony Ultimate Home with the hub.  The Harmony remote and Ignite box need direct line of sight. Take the hub and Ignite box out of any cabinet or hidden space and do not use the IR Blasters. Place the hub on-top of the Ignite box and program the remote for the Xi6-A and you will have no issues using the harmony remote as long as you have direct line of sight with both when using your remote. This is what I had to do for mine to work. Hope this helps.

Direct line of sight is the key for any Harmony remote to work with Ignite TV box.

I Plan to Stick Around

How to configure Ignite TV Xi6-A in Harmony

Hi all

Today I got Ignite TV installed. I tried to configure Ignite TV device in Harmony but non of the buttons work on Harmony remote.  Please share your details on how you  set it up in Harmony.

My setup on Harmony:

Manufacturer: Xfinity

Model: AX061AEI

But this setup is nor working for me. Non of the buttons work on Harmony Remote. All I can do is start Cable TV activity.

My home network is setup with Orbi router and a satellite. Now Rogers setup their own Gateway which is on different subnet. But I connected Ignite TV box via Ethernet cable to Orbi router network so that it gets the IP from my existing subnet and works with Harmony. 

I don't see any option on the ignite tv anywhere to check network settings. But I can see ignite TV connected in Orbi app and I can see IP address. 

I will appreciate your help.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for your feedback. When I took my harmony remote very close to Ignite box then it worked. SO I connected IR extenders to Harmony Hub to resolve the issue. Everything works fine now. Thanks for the subnet info as well.
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi, I have mine set up as Manufacture: Rogers, Model: Xi6-A and the buttons seem to work well. However the favourite channels aren’t yet set up correctly on the Logitech side (I posted earlier about this as well). Hope that helps!