Harmony Remote and Ignite

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Harmony Remote and Ignite

Hello to all - I have a new question.....

Has anyone been able to use google and harmony to change channels?  The issue that I am having is if I use google to change channels, it doesn’t  know it has to complete the command by pressing OK.  Just using as a comparison, when I was with Bell, all you had to do was say the channel, and the channel would change.  With Rogers, there is the additional step of needing to press the “OK” button.  If I say “hey google, change to channel 100” for example, the number 100 shows up on the screen, but without pressing the OK button, the channel wont change.  Can the ignite remote / receiver be programmed so you don't need to hit the OK button?

Would appreciate any suggestions...

Hello, @PZ3737.

Thank you for your query; it's an interesting way to use Google and Harmony remote to change the channels. 

Community - any insights on this topic?

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

Interesting, I used to be able to use an Echo as well as Assistant to change channels and just got Ingite installed on the weekend.  I still need to program my Hub for the Rogers box but I'll update if I'm able to figure anything out.

Is there a way to manually program the Rogers remote to work with an older Samsung receiver? In the quick setup it just tells me that it is not able to do it at this time, even if I specify the make.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@davej13 wrote:

Is there a way to manually program the Rogers remote to work with an older Samsung receiver? In the quick setup it just tells me that it is not able to do it at this time, even if I specify the make.

When I go to the URC website I'm able to click "code finder" and then click on Samsung under Audio.  I get the following codes:  31495, 32660, 31868, 32137, 31304.

https://www.urcsupport.com/urc_product/rogers-xr11-2/##setup

I've Been Here Awhile

Assuming you are using a Harmony remote in conjunction with Google the option for selecting channel numbers and then "enter" or "select" is hidden within your favorites settings "Adjust How I Change Channels" . Hope that helps