Harmony Remote and Ignite

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Harmony Remote and Ignite

I have downloaded Rogers channels into my Harmony Remote and all seem to be fine. But again I am using just basic channels and they are all there.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello Everyone

I am not sure if this is the right place for my next issue.

My Harmony Remote works well now after connecting IR Extenders to the hub but now another issue popped up.

When I ask Google Home to change channel to a certain number, it changes the channel number but it shows up on the right side of the TV screen and it won't change the channel until you press OK on Harmony Remote. Is there a way to eliminate this OK click? 

I will appreciate your help.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi there.
I posted the same issue several months ago. I still have not been able to use google or Alexa to change channels due to the necessity of having to push the OK button. If anyone has a work around, please advise... 🙂
Thanks!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for your feedback. It appears to be an issue with Ignite TV which needs extra click for OK to change channel. It was working fin on old Cisco box where it would change channel by just putting channel number.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I think that someone may have already posted that there used to be an option in the menu to choose whether clicking ok was necessary after the channel.  Perhaps a suggestion to Rogers Ignite TV would be to add that option back in.  Cheers.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, we need that feature back. I checked all settings on Ignite TV box but could not find anything. When you press a channel number, it opens in SEARCH field which is not required every time so they need to fix this.
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

You don't change it on the Ignite box, you have to change how Harmony changes the channel.

See the link below:
https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/adjusting-how-a-device-changes-channels
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, absolutely correct. Harmony Page may be confusing for some. Here are simple instructions:

Basically, the issue was on how Harmony sends channel numbers to your device.

If you go on your MyHarmony, select “Favorites” on your left menu. Then select “adjust how you change channels” option. And then select the second option: “Numbers + ‘Enter’ or ‘Select’” and on the scroll down menu choose “Select”.

With this settings I was finally able to fix my problem and I was able to change channels thru Google Home or Alexa and the Harmony hub. Basically before I had that option on “Numbers only” and had to press ok all the times I was trying to change channel... Now I’m not using the Rogers remote at all!

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Can I use the voice command to send an IR command to my Harmony 650 to skip forward 30 seconds, and a command for skip back 10 seconds?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@marcjd wrote:

Can I use the voice command to send an IR command to my Harmony 650 to skip forward 30 seconds, and a command for skip back 10 seconds?

The Harmony should have codes assigned for Skip and Replay (or you can also use Page Up and Page Down)

By default, these keys skip forwards or backwards in 5 minute intervals.  However, you can follow these instructions to program the set-top box to perform a 30 second Skip and 15 second Replay.