Harmony Remote and Ignite

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Harmony Remote and Ignite

After a month of use I have settled on using a Harmony Elite rather than the Ignite remote for my HT. My AVR needs some special handling that the Ignite remote cannot perform. I miss the voice command button but it was not used that much.

As part of the Elite setup I created the following sequence to simulates a commercial skip. The results are not exact but it comes reasonable close:

- PageUp (set to 5 minutes)
- delay 2 secs
- Rewind x3
- delay 4 sec
- Play

I've Been Around

HI - I had to place the logitech directly infront / on top of the ignite box.  Works ok now.

I've Been Around

Hello tried pairing a harmony remote by adding the model number on the back of the ignite tv box and still didn't work suggestions.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Phil17 wrote:

Hello tried pairing a harmony remote by adding the model number on the back of the ignite tv box and still didn't work suggestions.

Try Manufacturer as Xfinity, and Model as X1.

I've Been Here Awhile

When I press Exit 3 times only the current play position shows at the bottom ... nothing on the left.  Are you using the Ignite remote when you hit Exit 3 times?

I've Been Here Awhile

Hello

I programmed the Page Up button to skip forward 30 seconds on multiple boxes using the procedure in this thread (pressing Exit three times, entering 0030 (or 0300), and OK. )

What I am finding is that the 30 second skip works fine for a day or 2 but then reverts back to 5 minutes. Once that happens I cannot re-do the same steps to restore the 30 second skip. The only way to bring back the 30 second skip is to reboot the box. This restores the 30 second skip for a day or 2 but then it reverts back to 5 minutes again. This has happened on all of the boxes where I have made the change.

Has anyone else had this same experience?