Harmony Remote + Ignite (Xi6-T)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Harmony Remote + Ignite (Xi6-T)

@57  Thanks. I did put the Ignite box behind the Harmony hub and it works. I tried the hub on top of the box and it did not work.

I am just wondering why it needs to be that close in order for it to work.

I just pair the remote to my TV so that I can control volume of the AVR via TV

Is there no dedicated button for on demand on ignite remote?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@14N wrote: Is there no dedicated button for on demand on ignite remote?

Glad to see you got the remotes working.  As for OD, I'm not on IgniteTV (still digital cable), but there are a number of different channels that the various OD options are available on?  I would think it'd be easy to programme a channel macro into the Harmony remote, or use the voice command on the Ignite remote.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@57 I use voice command for the OD since there is no dedicated button like previous remote.

In OD, there is also no "added this week" category. The arrow buttons on the remote also hard to press.

The box also does not turn off/standby/sleep when pressing power. I turned off my TV then turned on my AVR and and the box was still on. I kept pressing power on remote but box still on. I needed to do voice command "Power down" + select sleep for the box to turn off/sleep which is too much effort than just pressing the button

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

My Hub is on a shelf below the box and control was flaky. I placed a blaster is right beside the box, and IR is rock solid now.

Forget worry about turning the box off, it does this automatically after a period of inactivity.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys!

I have the Harmony Elite and followed some stuff my self on here. My Ignite box and hub are on a glass floating shelve on the left side of my fireplace. ( Just those two boxes with my AppleTv too).

What I did. I put the ( Arris Xi6-A) code it worked. However it was barely getting any responses out of it. I plugged in the IR blaster and still didn't work.

What I did? I moved the ignite box to the back and i put the hub + IT blaster in the front. This made the Elite work 100% from all directions and giving me back full functionality! Mine controls my Ignite, TV, Onkyo receiver, Sonos and Hue Lights.