Harmony Remote + Ignite (Xi6-T)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Harmony Remote + Ignite (Xi6-T)

I've been running through a load of different threads, but I haven't found one single person with the Ignite TV box that I have; the Xi6-T box. Everyone keeps noting that they have the Xi6-A, but not the 'T' model.

In any case, I've tried syncing my Xi6-T box to my Harmony remote and it's completely failing; no responses, no controls sync, nothing. I've tried the following devices:

• Xi6-A
  • Comcast N1
  • Xfinity X1

I've also tried manually syncing and mapping buttons...again, nothing. Any help would be appreciated!

***Added Labels***

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Harmony Remote + Ignite (Xi6-T)

@124578963 wrote:

I've been running through a load of different threads, but I haven't found one single person with the Ignite TV box that I have; the Xi6-T box. Everyone keeps noting that they have the Xi6-A, but not the 'T' model.

Xi6-T??  Is this an Xi6 made by Technicolor?  What is this device's FCC ID (and long version of the Model number) on the bottom label?

I've Been Here Awhile

Yeah, Xi6-T haha seemed to be the odd one out from all my searching

FCC ID: VUITX061AEI

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Here's the FCC reference page:  https://fccid.io/VUITX061AEI

A quick look at some of the details indicates that this box is Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS) capable.  I don't know if the XI6-A is DFS capable.  In any event, with DFS capability, for those users who run this box in a crowded 5 Ghz wifi environment, this give them the ability to run in the middle 5 Ghz band and possibly use 160 Mhz channels if the XB6 supports DFS and 160 Mhz wide channels.  

The data also shows Advanced HDR capable although I haven't read thru all of the info to see what particular HDR spec is supported. 

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@124578963 wrote:

Yeah, Xi6-T haha seemed to be the odd one out from all my searching

FCC ID: VUITX061AEI

Interesting.  Here's the entry in the FCC Database: https://fcc.io/VUI/TX061AEI

The Arris Xi6-A is: https://fcc.io/ACQ/-XI6

I can't find any other information on the "Pegatron" variant of the Xi6.  The Xi6-T was submitted for certification at roughly the same time as the Xi6-A, so they have both been around for a while.  You would also think (hope?) that all versions of the Xi6 would use the same IR codes and if there were any functional differences, that there would have been lots of discussions on the Internet.

The only other frequent comment about using Logitech remotes and the Xi6 is that you need to have the remote (or IR blaster) pointed directly at the Xi6.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

1. What is the model number of the Harmony? (does it use a "hub"?)

2. Does it control your other equipment properly?

3. Have you tried getting really close to the box, rather than from across the room?

4. Make sure you don't have any IR interference issues as discussed in the following thread:

https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/14-hdtv-high-definition-television-including-lcd-plasma/64463-your-...

I've Been Here Awhile

1. What is the model number of the Harmony? (does it use a "hub"?)

It's the Harmony Companion, remote plus the Hub.

2. Does it control your other equipment properly?

Perfectly. I just switched off of Bell Fibe and everything there integrated seamlessly/perfectly.

3. Have you tried getting really close to the box, rather than from across the room?

Yes. I sat directly in front of it as well and literally nothing from any button at all.

4. Make sure you don't have any IR interference issues as discussed in the following thread:

There is no other interference.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

5. When you programmed the Harmony did you start "fresh" or add it instead of the Bell box?  Perhaps try from scratch. It doesn't take very long if you have the makes/model numbers of all the equipment handy.

6. After the programming in the computer did the synch to the remote complete properly?

7. You say everything worked when with Bell but does the Harmony control the equipment properly now (other than the Rogers box)? What other equipment do you have besides the TV?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I havent set up a harmony with a hub before, but the hub is using IR to the boxes?

I would think it should be the same as just the remote.
Which i have tested and worked with the comcast X1.
But that may be with the earlier model box? (I am not home, but guessing I have the A as I was an early adopter) Dont know if it changed for a later revision maybe.

I Plan to Stick Around

Just to add to this conversation. 

The Harmony Companion remote itself has no IR control. The only IR control can be done from the hub itself or IR blasters that plug into the hub. The Harmony Companion is kind of a stripped down version of the Elite.  Make sure the Rogers Ignite box has line of sight to the hub or IR blaster and that you've setup in the programing which to use to control the Rogers Ignite, hub or IR blaster.