HP Printer loses connection the next day after joining the network

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: HP Printer loses connection the next day after joining the network

Not quite sure whats going on here..

I have two printers.. an HP 1202 laser (wireless only) and an OJ8700 series (wired).
Both are connected to my network, one wired and one wireless.
Both of them are always accessible for me.  

Now, with both I have them set as STATIC addresses set.  They are set at the device level (on the device) and not through the router.

Not sure if that is what is keeping them online.

Only other thing I could think would be a different protocol or something that its using compared to my one wireless one.

I'm Here A Lot

Success!!!!!!!!!!!! Definitely success now as I waited 1 week to post this but the problem is solved as I just completed another print job successfuly. I found this out by chance with trying other solutions but the solition I discovered was after I did a hard reset of the printer, and looking at the options page that allowed you to sellect how much time before the printer went to sleep and when it would power off the printer (factory set to power off after 4 hours). I left the sleep setting at the factory preset but the power off feature I selected never (I figured sleeping the printer was good enough for me). Since then, I have had no issues, as I have done multiple printer jobs with success. I believe that this router/modem lacks the ability to remotely wake the printer from powered off mode (other modems were able to accomplish this but not this one). The router/modem would see it but would fail to communicate with it to get it out of the power off mode and on. If anyone has a similar problem with their printer they can feel try this solution for themselves.

I Plan to Stick Around

Sounds like you finally found a solution. I am not so lucky, the HP Envy 7640 does not have a power off option. Still having the same issue. 

congrats to you for solving the issue

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 5 in conversation