HP Printer loses connection the next day after joining the network

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: HP Printer loses connection the next day after joining the network

@GordT wrote:
The network report shows a bunch of networks with “name” using different channels and other parameters (these go away when I recycle the gateway).

Since your on ignite, and seeing this.. i am guessing you have the wireless pods?
Some devices, will see actually all the separate Access Points.  Its seeing all the pods.

Now, likely doesnt show the signal strength on each of those?  So you might be connecting to one, which is further away.   Trying another, might give better results.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Ignite Pods and Wifi Printer

I had Ignite internet for over a year without problems.  In the Spring, I wanted to extend my coverage to my backyard, so Rogers sent me 3 pods, which seem to be working well and achieve the goal.

My only issue is my wifi printer.  Since setting up the pods, I'm finding that my printer is often not detected by my computer(s) as on/active.  I frequently have to remove the printer and re-install it in Windows.  My best guess is that the printer switches between connection points (whether it connects to the pod or the gateway) and is no longer detected as the same printer for whatever reason.  Does that make sense?  Is there any way to avoid it?  Is there a way to assign a device to always connect to the same access point?

Highlighted

@Sn02py

Thanks for your post!

I can totally understand how frustrating it must be when the network doesn't pick up the printer.

Have you attempted to try some of the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the earlier posts? How far is your modem from any of the pods?

Does your wireless printer support hardwired Ethernet RJ45 connection?

If so, you can try a direct connection to one of the pods if the printer is close enough as a possible solution.

Cheers

RogersHarry